Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

I'm going to step up here and take on maintaining a few. Just updated my profile info so, ORR, it's there.
    I'm in Harrisburg so Lake Poinsett is a given. My son is in Wynne so I'll take Village Creek as well. I'm there at least once a week anyway. Parkin isn't far off my normal running so I can take that too. My daughter is just minutes from Lake Frierson and Crowley's Ridge so I can take backup for those since I'm there at least once week too. I'll take on Louisiana Purchase, Mississippi River and Delta Heritage Trail. I'm from Helena so I can run by those when I go to or come back from there.
    Ive thoroughly enjoyed every park cache I've found to date and I'd like to be sure to keep them going. I have all the clues saved as personal notes on each cache page. Just need contact info for each location.
    You can't get there from here.
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman72432 View Post
    I'm going to step up here and take on maintaining a few. Just updated my profile info so, ORR, it's there.
    I'm in Harrisburg so Lake Poinsett is a given. My son is in Wynne so I'll take Village Creek as well. I'm there at least once a week anyway. Parkin isn't far off my normal running so I can take that too. My daughter is just minutes from Lake Frierson and Crowley's Ridge so I can take backup for those since I'm there at least once week too. I'll take on Louisiana Purchase, Mississippi River and Delta Heritage Trail. I'm from Helena so I can run by those when I go to or come back from there.
    Ive thoroughly enjoyed every park cache I've found to date and I'd like to be sure to keep them going. I have all the clues saved as personal notes on each cache page. Just need contact info for each location.
    Thanks for your willingness to serve! Please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com with your geocaching name (if not mailman72432), your real name, and your email address and I will get you on our volunteer list, either as primary or backup.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

HELP!

The Louisiana Purchase ParkCache (GC1C7CN) has been disabled since last October because it is missing. I emailed both the volunteer and the backup for this cache just after that, to ask them to do some much needed maintenance on it and I have not received a reply from either. So I have to assume that they are no longer active or willing to serve as volunteers for this cache. So, is there someone out there who would be willing to visit this cache site and replace the ParkCache? (Don't forget the clues! )

I am just asking for a one-time maintenance job on this one, so don't hold back if you might be willing to do it but don't want to commit to be the volunteer for this one on a continuing basis. However, if you are willing to volunteer to do maintenance on this cache on a continuing basis, I will be happy to put your name on our list of volunteers!

If anyone can take care of this one, and relatively soon, please let me know by posting a reply here or by emailing me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com.

Also,

The Jenkins' Ferry ParkCache (GC1DTZ8) is also missing and has just been disabled. I have emailed the volunteer for this cache (there is no backup) to ask them to check on the cache and replace it. If I don't hear back from him, is there someone else who can go by there and replace it?

For those of you who do Facebook, feel free to share these requests for help there. But have them post their replies here on this website, or at least email me and I will post the information here.

Thanks!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I want to express my thanks to Jim & Sandy Fryar (Likestocanoe) for stepping up and replacing the Jenkins' Ferry ParkCache last week. THANK YOU! It is folks like those two who make ArkGeo and geocaching in Arkansas so GREAT!
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 03-03-2020 at 09:13 PM.

I want to express my thanks to Pat & Judy Vaughn (Woodwalker & MathSeeker) for stepping up and replacing the Louisiana Purchase ParkCache today. THANK YOU! Their service to Arkansas geocaching is very much appreciated!

HELP!

The Cossatatot River ParkCache (GC1CFBE) has not been found since July 2019 and has apparently gone missing. It has also received a low Health Score warning email from Geocaching HQ. I have emailed both the volunteer and the backup for this cache (Jimmy Cobb and Jerry Turner, respectively) to ask them to do some much needed maintenance on it, but I don't know if they are active geocachers anymore or are willing to address the problem with this geocache. While waiting on a response from them, I am going to assume that they are not active and am taking contingency action. So, is there someone out there who would be willing to visit this cache site and replace the ParkCache? (Don't forget the clues! )

I am just asking for a one-time maintenance job on this one, so don't hold back if you might be willing to do it but don't want to commit to be the volunteer for this one on a continuing basis. However, if you are willing to volunteer to do maintenance on this cache on a continuing basis, I will be happy to put your name on our list of volunteers!

If anyone can take care of this one, and relatively soon, please let me know by posting a reply here or by emailing me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com.

Also, since I don't do Facebook, if someone would post this request on the ArkGeo FB page, that would be much appreciated. If anyone is willing to step up and help, have them get in touch with me at the email listed previously. Thanks!

Weather permitting, Mathseeker and I can go over either Friday or Saturday and replace the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9 View Post
    Weather permitting, Mathseeker and I can go over either Friday or Saturday and replace the cache.
    Thanks Pat & Judy! I know it is a long distance for you, so if you do not get there this weekend, let me know. I was considering a trip there next week if no one had responded.

I am late in acknowledging this, but many thanks to woodwalker9 and Mathseeker for replacing the Cossatot River ParkCache in late October. Also, thanks to idratherbehiking (Richard Lee) for taking care of some much needed maintenance on the Mount Magazine ParkCache last weekend. Apparently, in the snow!

HELP!

The Jenkins' Ferry ParkCache (GC1DTZ8) is missing and has just been disabled. I have emailed the volunteer for this cache (there is no backup) to ask them to check on the cache and replace it. If I don't hear back from him, is there someone else who can go by there and replace it, soon?

As I recall, the hiding spot for this one was not a very good one. So if you need to relocate it, do so and let me know the new coordinates. I will pass these along to Chuck Walla and get him to update the cache page with the new coordinates. Also, if you need the clues to place in the cache, for the final, let me know and I can provide them to you.For those of you who do Facebook, feel free to share these requests for help there. But have them post their replies here on this website, or at least email me and I will post the information here.

Thanks!