Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

The Dynamic Duo from Crystal Springs are at it again! THANK YOU to likestocanoe for visiting Moro Bay State Park and doing maintenance on its ParkCache. Thanks for your service! GREAT JOB!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

HELP!

The Historic Washington ParkCache (GC1CPY7) is missing. I don't believe the people listed as volunteers for this cache [Eddie & Jackie Daniel (The Rascals)] are active geocachers now. Is there someone else who can go by there and replace it, soon?

If you need the clues to place in the cache, for the final, let me know and I can provide them to you. For those of you who do Facebook, feel free to share these requests for help there. But have them post their replies here on this website, or at least email me and I will post the information here.

Thanks!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I believe Pam Beasley is the park interpreter or something at Historic Washington State Park. She is a geocacher. Oilmuse is her geocaching name. You might contact her.
    Last edited by MathSeeker; 05-07-2022 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Added geocaching name.
    One cache at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post
    I believe Pam Beasley is the park interpreter or something at Historic Washington State Park. She is a geocacher. Oilmuse is her geocaching name. You might contact her.
    Thanks for the information, Judy. I have just emailed her. However, her geocaching profile shows that she has not been online on the website since August 2012. But maybe she will help out and maybe this will motivate her to become more active in geocaching again!

It has been over a week and I have not received a response from Pam Beasley (oilmuse). So, the Historic Washington ParkCache still needs help. If anyone is in that area, would you please take the time and replace the cache? If you need the clues to put in the cache, let me know. Thanks!

Mathseeker and I are in Texas and will be passing through Hope on the way home Monday, the 23rd. If no one replaces Historic Washington ParkCache before then we can detour and get it back up. We'll be watching this thread until then.

THANK YOU to Woodwalker9 and MathSeeker for replacing the ParkCache at Historic Washington! GREAT JOB! You guys are SUPER!

THANK YOU to idratherbehiking for replacing the ParkCache at Mount Magazine today! GREAT JOB, Richard! You are SUPER!

Question on Crowley's Ridge - per the online logs the cache is missing and has apparently been missing for a long time and visitors are being told it will NOT be replaced. This is a park I still need to get (and a few others) and have been waiting for it to be replaced but it doesn't sound like there is any intention to replace it. I'm willing to put together a replacement but just wanted to check before I do anything. There are plenty of photos online of the clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese486 View Post
    Question on Crowley's Ridge - per the online logs the cache is missing and has apparently been missing for a long time and visitors are being told it will NOT be replaced. This is a park I still need to get (and a few others) and have been waiting for it to be replaced but it doesn't sound like there is any intention to replace it. I'm willing to put together a replacement but just wanted to check before I do anything. There are plenty of photos online of the clue.
    By all means, feel free to replace the cache. If you would, please contact the Park ahead of time and let them know of your intention. This is just to make sure they have not problem with the cache being put back. If you have any problems or if you are asked by the park to not replace the cache, please let me know. I will need to discuss it with the person at the Dept. of Parks and Tourism who is in charge of the ParkCache program.