Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    By all means, feel free to replace the cache. If you would, please contact the Park ahead of time and let them know of your intention. This is just to make sure they have not problem with the cache being put back. If you have any problems or if you are asked by the park to not replace the cache, please let me know. I will need to discuss it with the person at the Dept. of Parks and Tourism who is in charge of the ParkCache program.

Wish we were closer. FYI - We replaced the cache at Lake Catherine State Park.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by likestocanoe View Post
    FYI - We replaced the cache at Lake Catherine State Park.
    Jim & Sandy -- Did you have to replace it again? I congratulated you on April 9 (See below). But if you had to replace it again, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    THANK YOU to likestocanoe for visiting Lake Catherine State Park and doing maintenance on its ParkCache. Thanks for your service! GREAT JOB!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Crowley's Ridge has been replaced but we discovered Powhatan is also missing. The visitor center was closed when we stopped by.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese486 View Post
    Crowley's Ridge has been replaced but we discovered Powhatan is also missing. The visitor center was closed when we stopped by.
    THANK YOU to Reese486, JAM6100, and MuggleNephew for visiting Crowley's Ridge State Park over the weekend and working with the park staff to replace its ParkCache. The cache had been missing for quite a while, with the clues for the ParkCache final on a rock in the vicinity of the posted coordinates. Not good! But now it is back in service as a real geocache with a container to be found!

Regarding the ParkCache at Powhatan State Park, captain_trips has been working with the park staff on its replacement. But it has been a couple of months since I last heard from him and I just assumed it had taken care of. I will follow up with him and the park to find out what is going on with the cache.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

You are welcome. Happy to help out.

It looks like the ParkCache at Jenkins' Ferry State Park may be missing. Is anyone going to that area in the near future and would be willing to check on the cache and replace it, if needed? William Pumphrey (flannelman) is listed as the maintenance volunteer for that park, but I believe he is no longer active. I will reach out to him, but if someone else can take care of it, it would be much appreciated!

Mathseeker and I are heading down to Jenkins' Ferry State Park to replace the missing cache n the morning. We will make a post on the cache page when we get it replaced.

Woodwalker9 and I did get the parkcache at Jenkin's Ferry State Park replaced today.
    One cache at a time!

Again?

Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post
    Woodwalker9 and I did get the parkcache at Jenkin's Ferry State Park replaced today.
    Seems we just replaced this cache. It really needs to be in a different location.
    Sandy
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

THANK YOU to Woodwalker9 and MathSeeker for replacing the ParkCache at Jenkins' Ferry! GREAT JOB, Pat and Judy! You are SUPER!