Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

I have been in contact this morning with the Superintendent from both of my parks. Thanks to all who had a part in this to help ensure the ParkCache program continues for years and that others can have as much fun as 2ter and I had completing the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones
    ORR, I will volunteer to take the ParkCache in Logoly State Park!
    You've been added, Tinman. Thanks for volunteering!

ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

astrodav Guest
    I'll take Wilhelmina, at least until if one of the Waldron/Mena area cachers says they want it. I've cached in that area & this will give me an excuse to extend my Hwy28 route out to Hwy71 .... + color in all of the map over in that area & some in Oklahoma.

Astrodav, please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com. Please provide your real name and geocaching name. I will get your email address off your email.

For all, if you want to volunteer, please send me an email in addition to (or instead of) posting a comment in the forums. Please provide your real name and geocaching name. I will get your email address off your email. Posting a comment to this forum is good to let me know you are interested, but it does not provide me with the contact information that I need to coordinate this activity. Thanks for your cooperation and willingness to serve.

Old River Runner

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

TinmanJones Guest
    I, along with my son Juan Pablo, went and found the cache Ive chosen to maintain, today! (Logoly State Park GC1DT1P)
    What a great hike we had! A perfect day for it!

Had a great meeting with one of the rangers at the park as well as the park superintendent!

Thank you ORR for the opportunity to volunteer for this! It makes me proud to be able to help maintain such a cool part of the ParkCache series!

astrodav Guest
    I hinted at a friend in Springdale that it would be nice if NWAC & ArkGeo could possibly start working a bit closer on stuff like this. I noticed that several of the ParkCaches up there are missing secondaries .... and even Wilhelmina is quite a drive for me. But that last part doesn't matter for now.

Bull Shoals is sorta on the east border of their general territory & has NO volunteer yet. I'm not sure exactly how active he is up there in the association, although he is an active cacher. But I'll let you know if I hear anything.

grzz51 Guest
    Great! As soon as I get recovered from the Wild Hog MusicFest I'll go by the local Parks office and introduce myself.

astrodav Guest
    Hogs make music?

O.K....nobody scream Off-Topic. I just couldn't help meself.

Quote Originally Posted by astrodav
    I hinted at a friend in Springdale that it would be nice if NWAC & ArkGeo could possibly start working a bit closer on stuff like this.
    Already done. I posted a request for help on the NWAC forums back in January or February and got several cachers from that region to volunteer. They responded very quickly, in fact.

photojunky Guest
    Until someone closer can pick this up I can get the Bull Shoals/ White River SP.