Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance of ParkCaches

Arkansas State Parks replaced Jenkins Ferry Parkcache (GC1DTZ8) and updated the coordinates this afternoon, but did not enable the geocache. They did an owner maintenance log and an updated coordinates log.
    One cache at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post
    Arkansas State Parks replaced Jenkins Ferry Parkcache (GC1DTZ8) and updated the coordinates this afternoon, but did not enable the geocache. They did an owner maintenance log and an updated coordinates log.
    I just saw they had done that and came here to post that maintenance by someone in ArkGeo is no longer needed. I am a little puzzled by the cache replacement because they have never done that before for this park. But it is good to see that someone in the park system is maintaining this cache!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

A big THANK YOU to Jim and Sandy Fryar (likestocanoe) for volunteering to help maintain the Parkcaches at Lake Catherine and Lake Ouachita State Parks! Your service to Arkansas geocaching is much appreciated!

Here is a link to the updated list of ParkCache Maintenance Volunteers (LINK).

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Jim and Sandy Fryar (likestocanoe) have also volunteered to help maintain the Parkcache at Daisy State Park. THANK YOU!!!

HELP!

The Lake Chicot ParkCache (GC1DR0Y) is missing and has been disabled. I have emailed the two people listed as volunteers for this cache [Edith Anderson-Long (elafern) & John Auvil (photojunky)] to ask them to check on the cache and replace it. But I don't even know if they are still active geocachers. So if I don't hear back from either of them, is there someone else who can go by there and replace it, soon?

If you need the clues to place in the cache, for the final, let me know and I can provide them to you. For those of you who do Facebook, feel free to share these requests for help there. But have them post their replies here on this website, or at least email me and I will post the information here.

Thanks!

Does anyone have a good email address for Edith Anderson-Long (elafern)? The email that I sent to the one in my contact list bounced back as undeliverable.

Mathseeker and I can run down there Thursday afternoon if that is soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9 View Post
    Mathseeker and I can run down there Thursday afternoon if that is soon enough.
    Thanks for your efforts on this. Sorry it was a unnecessary trip. The State Parks has started to be more active in taking care of some of their ParkCaches. Unforutnately, they do not notify me when they are planning to replace a particular ParkCache or want volunteers to do it for them.

I am providing the [LINK] again to the list of volunteers, so it is easier to find. If anyone has a change to the list, please contact me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com. Thanks!

I believe there are some people on the list that are not geocaching any more. At least one of them has moved out of state.
    One cache at a time!