Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching New Years Resolutions

HikerRon Guest

Geocaching New Years Resolutions

Ok, i'll start this off with mine.
    ''When caching ALONE, i will not seek any caches with diff/terr less than
    2.5/2.5''

This way, when caching with friends i wont be a Pain in the***.

Not sure how long this resolution will last, but i'm going to give it a try.
    If and when i fail, i'll man-up and post it on here.

Who is next?

bluesybreeze Guest
    My Geocaching New Year's Resolution.
    I will no longer cache with my head first. I have received 2 - two! black eyes while caching. The last one just recently. This trend will stop with the New Year.

...any bets on when black eye #3 will happen?

edieo Guest
    I dident get to see that first one but I was there for the second one ..!!

TinmanJones Guest
    hmmm, this could be interesting...

im only a couple weeks into caching, so, as a NOOB, ill say my goal is to reach the 200 caches found... im only at #20, so my goal may be a far fetch... im not sure what the "average" is per year, so maybe its just wishful thinking... or maybe, its not a high enough goal??? maybe you guys can lend a little helpful knowledge my way... how did you guys do on your very 1st year caching???

the main reason i wanted to comment on this thread though, as a NOOB, i REALLLLY need to know how you experienced 2 black eyes while caching... i need to know this, so that i can avoid these things... you know, i can learn from YOUR experience...

I got a thousand my first year, but some get like 2000 or 3000 (mathseeker) so I think 200 will be a good goal to start with. Heck you can get that many by never leaving the city limits of El Dorado, much less that cache rich area between Smackover and Camden of the Geostachers, Allenearl, Hollowlog, and PShelto. Of course you must remember it is not about the numbers, always. Some caches I liked so much a brought 2ter back to do them again if she wasn't with me. We have started the State Park Cache Challenge all over again so she can get her "own" coin like daddys. I think some powercachers (aka quartzcachers and likestocanoe) have gotten close to 200 in a single day. There is a bike trail in east Texas (powertrail) that has like 200 on the trail that is about 30 miles long. I'm still trying to find a partner to ride and complete it in a day. Ya gatta bike?

You of course may enjoy a FTF too. Chuckwalla should push the button on a new one of mine some time in the next few days so that is yet another angle on the sport.

I like the challenges best I think. The ParkCache Challenge, DeLorme Challenge, and Arkansas County Challenge (FTF I MIGHT ADD) have been the highlight of my short tenure in the sport. Louisiana just got a Parish Challenge recently and have pondered completing it along with the Louisiana DeLorme Challenge, but I've been all over Louisiana and to me does not have the beauty that our state has. We have the bottoms like Louisiana, but also waterfalls, mountains, and caves.

Of course I'm waiting for you to "give back" (hint hint) and drop your first cache out for the rest of us in the area...

TinmanJones Guest
    AFM... wow... a 1000, really???

Ive passed some of yours over the last week or so (my drive to Tx) just so that I can find them along with Juan Pablo... of course, its dark now when I get off work, so we will have to hit em hard on the weekends...

But, I've also taken Juan back to some that I had found on my own, in order for him to find them... Kind of a learning lesson for him (much like you did with me)... Showing him the different "styles" of hides...

Anyway, sorry HikerRon, didnt mean to hijack your thread...

AFM, we will have more discussions on some of the things you brought up in your post, soon... Like, tomorrow at the GLAD Eat and Greet...

Ashallond Guest
    1. Reach 1000 finds in 2010.

2. Get a few more challenge caches created for Arkansas (I've talked to Groundspeak about it...they are legal as long as you follow certain requirements and don't require an ALR on top of the challenge)

3. Meet up with someone one day to do a powertrail...since there aren't any in or near Fort Smith.

4. Not make any resolutions.

I don't make New Years Resolution. My goal is to cache as often as possible and to find all of the caches that I can no matter what the difficulty or terrain is when by myself or with others. Another goal is to hit at least milestone 6000 next year.
    Both goals are very reasonable and attainable.
    ArkFireMedic, when are we going to Texas???
    I love this sport!
    One cache at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker
    I don't make New Years Resolution. My goal is to cache as often as possible and to find all of the caches that I can no matter what the difficulty or terrain is when by myself or with others. Another goal is to hit at least milestone 6000 next year.
    Both goals are very reasonable and attainable.
    ArkFireMedic, when are we going to Texas???
    I love this sport!
    I usually don't make New Year resolutions either, especially when it comes to caching. I just cache as often as I can when I can. I have been caching since April of 2006 and have not hit 1000 finds yet and at my rate it will be a couple of more years before I do. I still think of myself as an addicted cacher, but other responsibilities keep me from caching as much as I would like. Work seems to always get in the way!

If only I could find a way to get paid lots of money for geocaching.

My goal for the next year in caching would be to continue to having fun with it while still sharing it with family and my geocaching friends. I also hope to meet even more great cachers in the next year.

Wow Judy 6000 this year ? I thought 4000 last year was a lot! rklmbl and Woodwalker better look out you are cachin' 'em fast. I guess we need to plan your 10,000 party now, huh?