Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events questions?

mud4x4 Guest
    Thank You Woodwalker9...I can't wait. I'll have to remember some usernames I guess. Or does everyone have name tags? How do you know who's-who?

Ashallond Guest
    We say our name once, and then there's a written quiz on the spot. Those with less than 95% correct is kicked out.

That or we wear nametags.

mud4x4 Guest
    "We say our name once, and then there's a written quiz on the spot. Those with less than 95% correct is kicked out."
    ....if y'all did that, I'd be kicked out for sure. I am very bad with names

I am glad to hear that nametags are in use.
    And what if me, my boyfriend and my daughter goes to an event and since I am the one who does the forum stuff and the logging of caches....would we all have mud4x4 nametags?

Quote Originally Posted by mud4x4
    "We say our name once, and then there's a written quiz on the spot. Those with less than 95% correct is kicked out."
    ....if y'all did that, I'd be kicked out for sure. I am very bad with names

I am glad to hear that nametags are in use.
    And what if me, my boyfriend and my daughter goes to an event and since I am the one who does the forum stuff and the logging of caches....would we all have mud4x4 nametags?
    To answer the above question I have seen them wrote like this:
    yours = mud4x4
    bf = mud4x4 (nickname for bf)
    Daughter = mud4x4(nickname for daughter)

There are variations, just either use your real names under the mud4x4 name or use something like (mud4x4 crew - Daughter's name) and we get the idea.

now on to the club question.
    our membership here is FREE, however we do ask you become a voting member and give us a tad bit of time..."what is a voting member" you might ask...Well, on the left column of links you'll see "registered voting" and you can register (I think as I am already registered...give it a try and let me know) This will allow you to participate in our organization by actually voting on things like who is our president, other matters like should we do xyz or put this event on, etc. That is really all the time that it takes to become involved a little deeper.

If you want to help a little more, there are options to help on committees. The committee's ask for a bit more time, but you can usually do what is required without ever meeting. You can learn more about ArkGeo by going to one of the events as they are almost always represented in some way by at least a few board members.

The homepage here is "usually" updated with events and gatherings as we hear about them to help them be successful.

pshelto Guest

events

I started this group at their big yearly meeting and must say it was a lot of fun. There are some great stories out there and some awesome story tellers, plus it gives you a chance to tell everyone how to pronounce your username

For the nametags, we got creative with hollowlog's son and just put hollowlog Jr. It's interesting that we know each other by username more than real name, so have fun with that. "Um...likestocanoe, can you pass the mustard?" "Sure pshelto, here ya go."

Good times.

arkansasboy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mud4x4
    I heard about the event in Paris shortly before it came....I wanted to go so bad.
    But I work every weekend and would've had to take off work. So I decided to wait and check one out in warmer weather and also so I can give enough notice for work as well. It bothered me all weekend that I couldn't attend.
    Thank You Woodwalker9 for the great info. I'll keep an eye out so maybe I can give enough notice to work so I can attend.
    I hope Russellville throws an event!
    And GeoWoodstock would be awesome!
    Now on the Arkansas Geocaching Association Annual Membership Meeting you mentioned...Do you (I) have to have a membership? If so, any kind in particular? Same thing on the Conway County geocachers event...Do you have to be a Conway resident?
    Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I am still learning and have yet to attend any kind of event?
    Thanks you guys
    I feel your pain mud. I too had to work and couldnt make the Paris event. I sure thought about it though, all weekend!

mud4x4 Guest
    I thought about it ALL weekend too. It sucked! I would have rather been there than at work. It made work even more agonizing.