Thread: Pocket PC and cachemate question

arkansasboy Guest

Pocket PC and cachemate question

I am trying to get cachemate version 1.3.4a to load onto my Dell Axim X50 pocket pc. I have been drag and dropping the file from my laptop to the dell but I am not seeing the program show up on the pocket pc.

I amusing Vista,32 bit on my laptop and I cant see any way to sync from file explorer to the pocket pc. I cant go through sync center because it only wants to sync media files. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!haha.

Hopefully someone out there is using the same set-up and can give some advice on how to get my GSAK searches onto my pocket pc. Thanks.

Does it recognize the PDA when you plug it into USB? Perhaps you can put the program on a SD card and put it on that way? Are you trying to drag and drop the .exe file? If so you should be able to put it on the pda using any method and then run it.

Just searching the net for axim and cachemate returns some interesting reads about sync center not working great on windows 7/vista

arkansasboy Guest
    Now putting the programonto an SD card turned out to be a great idea. It loaded up like a charm,but..........haha

I put my exported GSAK database into the cachemate/db file. Is this correct because when I open cachemate I dont see anything,just a blank screen. I drag and dropped the gpx file from my laptop into the db file.

I will go bald scratching my head this much!

I don't know, It usually does some auto load thing for me by staging it in the sync folder and then passing it to the pda. When I first open cachemate it ask if I would like to update the db and I say yes and it will load that file and/or any other file I have on it. I bet if you bring it to the event, someone will be able to help you out.

bluesybreeze Guest
    When I was using Vista and a PDA, i had to get a patch for Vista from my PDA site. I was using a Palm and I had to use a fix to get the downloader to work. Also the palm does not work with the 64 bit Vista.

Go to your PDA's website and check its compatabitly with Vista and see if there is a patch. I have used an I-pod with cache magnet when my Plam no longer worked with my software - the I-pod worked great. I now use a Nuvi GPSr to go paperless and to navigate to the caches on the roads - it is Awesome!