Thread: Garmin Etrex Legend-H question

arkansasboy Guest

Garmin Etrex Legend-H question

If someone else uses the Legend H by Garmin I have a question. On the map screen,is there any way to make the lat/long show up any larger? The numbers are incredibly small and just plain hard to read. Thanks

I don't use that particular eTrex model, but have you checked the owner's manual? Here's a link where you can download it.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

arkansasboy Guest
    Yeah I have been through the manual several times but it doesnt help much. I wish I could get coordinates to display on the compass. I use the compass the most and that would be much more handy than your speed oe ETA being displayed.

I just took a look at your manual and I see what you mean. Try this, which is based upon my eTrex Vista C. Hopefully, it will be similar enough to your unit that it will work for your.

When you are on the compass page, press the Menu/Find button on the left side of the unit to display menu options. There should be one for Data Fields and another for Change Data Fields. If you select Data Fields, you can change how many data fields are displayed on the compass page. If you select Change Data Fields, if allows you customize each data field to show what you want it to show. When you select this option, one of the data fields should then show a shaded background. Press down on the toggle switch to display different data options to choose from for this field. Toggle up or down to find your preferred data field and then press down on the toggle to select it. Then use the toggle switch to move to another data field and select it. Press the Quit/Page button on the right side of the unit when you are done and want to save your selected settings. Unfortunately, I don't believe "coordinates" is one of the options you can select for the compass page. I use Speed, Distance to Destination, and Destination. You can go through a similar process to set the number of data fields and displayed data on the map page. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

HikerRon Guest
    On compass page, i use fields for Distance, Bearing, and Accuracy.