Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling Geocaching Exhibit

Traveling Geocaching Exhibit

I've just learned that Minotaur Mazes is working with Groundspeak to create a museum exhibit that highlights geocaching and the Arkansas ParkCache program. It is launching with a cache event at the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources on May 16, and will travel to other AR museums over the next 3-1/2 years. I have no other details at this time and the event has not been published as yet, but it sounds like it's going to be great. If you can't make it to the May 16th event in Smackover, be watching for it to come to a museum near you

Sounds great, the ladies at the museum had told us that they were going to have something like that but didn't know when,, sounds like a great time... Thanks for the heads up on this

Sounds like a great event. Hopefully we can be off work and attend.

HikerRon Guest
    I was contacted by Groundspeak asking for permission to use a few the photos in my profile gallery in the exhibit. Of course i said yes. Not sure how many they will use, but i signed and sent them a release.

According to the State Parks Web site,, the exhibit will be at the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources from June 15th to August 24th..

No mention of an event during that time.

GeoJeepers Guest
    I was wondering about this; I knew the deadline to get an event posted was drawing very close for May 16. Maybe they've moved it out a month....I've never been to this museum and this looks like a great reason to go!

I'm crossing my fingers that this will be one of those official "Geo Mazes" that has a custom icon. If it does, it will bring many geocachers to the state just to go through it. Then some of them will stick around to do the State Parks Challenge. That would be great geo-tourism for the state.

I've been to a lot of museums through the years - with field trips, with family growing up, with Mark and Jim, with only Jim, etc. That museum is absolutely one of my favorites! The elevator ride is awesome, just so many good things to see and do there.

I agree with you about the elevator ride. For some reason 2ter (she's 6) totally freaked out on the elevator ride when we went cachin' there a while back. Talk about the longest 1 story elevator ride you've ever took when your child is "freakin' out"! I've never heard of the special maze icon before... sounds cool.

The GPS Maze icon looks like this: