Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you choose this forum

grzz51 Guest
    Hi, grzz51 here...... I choose this forum because I'm a member of "ArkGeo" and any question I have asked I have gotten a concise and accurate answer. There are some very good geocachers here.....

I'm thinking this is a spammer??

drmo913 Guest
    perhaps a spammer, but asking a legitimate question...

Why do I use this forum?

If you are talking about Arkansas geocaching websites, then I use this one because it has a state wide focus and draws many different cachers and opinions. There are only 2 other geocaching related websites that I know of in Arkansas. One is focused regionally on NWA, which may or may not be of use to you, but it seems to be a good website. The other was started by someone who got upset with our organization and started his own website. If you look at that website, you will notice that it is pretty much his personal soap box. There is some discussion with other cachers in it, but he dominates the website with his opinions and stories. However, that may be to your liking. Each person has their own individual likes and dislikes. ArkGeo's forums contain many, many different opinions. And I think you will find that no one person dominates the threads. That's what I like about the forums here.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

drmo913 Guest
    great answer, ORR.

edieo Guest
    I agree great answer ,,,ORR you said like it is ,

Ashallond Guest
    ORR's answer explained one question that I had about one of the boards. I do also use the NWA board, but this one does have a more 'well rounded Arkansas' feel to it.

Like drmo913 I believe that this thread was started by a spammer, but I also agree that this is a very valid question. Actually it is one that your Board of Directors have been asking for some time. Why choose The Arkansas Geocachers Association?

The Arkansas Geocachiers Association has a great forum with loads of great information and knowledgeable and helpful people, but it’s more than just an online forum.

The Arkansas Geocachers Association is a working entity that has and continues to promote geocaching throughout Arkansas. In the last year, your association has promoted geocaching through numerous events including those by the Boy Scouts, GIS, Venture, school classrooms, and many more. We have sponsored two CITO events, including adopting a section of the Ozark Highlands Trail and recently held a workday there. We continue to work to help make Arkansas geocaching better and better.

Those who weren’t around before ArkGeo may not realize the impact that ArkGeo has had on Arkansas geocaching since its conception. One example is the relationship between The Arkansas State Parks and geocaching. I think anyone can easily see that geocaching is not only welcomed in Arkansas State Parks, but is encouraged. But it was not always that way. In the beginning, geocaching was not allowed in Arkansas State Parks. Through hard work from a handful of people, the State Parks began to see the benefits of geocaching in their parks and now are one of the biggest supporters of Arkansas geocaching. Our State Parks geocaching policy is a model for other states, all brought about through dedicated geocachers who wanted to see geocaching grow all across Arkansas.

Those handful of people were the pioneers of The Arkansas Geocachers Association. As the association grew we approached other state agencies including The Arkansas Game & Fish, The National Forest, and many others. We continue to work with these agencies to improve our relationship with them and to insure their continued support.

The Arkansas Geocachers Association is more than a meeting place online, but continues to work daily to help make Arkansas geocaching the best that it can be. This is accomplished by unselfish people who are willing to freely give of their time. If you are not involved, I encourage you to contact a board member to find out how you can help keep The Arkansas Geocachers Association in the forefront of Arkansas geocaching.
    . .

Why choice ArkGeo? To me, the answer is clear. We ARE The Arkansas Geocachers Association.

drmo913 Guest
    Thanks for the props, Woodwalker...
    and that was a great statement as well.

My 2 cents isn't why I oringinally choose this board, but why I will continue to do so. However, it has nothing to do with ORR or Woodwalker's answers (though both are excellent).

The reason I continue to choose ArkGeo is because of the overall caring attitude of it's members towards other cachers in areas outside of geocaching. This last year has seen our members be affected by cancer, losses of loved ones, sickness, & heart attack(s). Each time these concerns/problems/situations were shared in the forum, many members offered words of encouragement & prayer... prayer & encouragement to people only known for either their caches, logs or forum posts-sometimes no face to face contact had ever been made.

That's impressive stuff.

I choose ArkGeo b/c I had friends that referred me to the board. But I stay with ArkGeo b/c of the compassion that I see from one member to another.

I mainly love the responses and opinions others offer here. Geocaching is fun, but after you get rejected a few times on placing your new cache frustration can set in and this is a great site to help "coach" us on our ways. I have looked at the other site a bit, but It always felt warmer here, like how a community is supposed to feel!

I'm still waiting for my chance to get involved with this Association, hopefully someday I will be. It not often you find a club/organization that allows you to participate in EVERYTHING, including voting, for free, and all this club ask of us is to participate and possibly buy some swag to help keep the site running. That's a pretty easy commitment.