Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning Pocket Queries and Garmin 60CSx...

TinmanJones Guest

Learning Pocket Queries and Garmin 60CSx...

Im seeking a little help here from anyone that uses the Garmin 60CSx...

ok... ive got GSAK loaded and my 500 pocket queries onto GSAK...

ive sent all of them to my Garmin 60CSx, but can only see 50 of them on the "geocaching" screen...

is there a setting somewhere that im missing, that will list all of them, or is 50 all i can show at one time???

thanks for any help...

gingerose Guest
    If you loaded all of them they are there. You just see the 50 that are closest to your location.

If you are looking for one that is not on the closest cache list, you can search by typing in the name. (Hopefully, that made since.)

Gingerose

hit menu on the map screen and see if declutter is turned on or off. we use a 60C and it will show all of them on the map I believe.

TinmanJones Guest
    thank yall for helpin clear that up for me

now, how do I get it to display the GC code instead of the GC name...

I want to see the code (GC1YBQ) in stead of BayouCache (these are just examples, not actual caches) on my 60CSx screen...

Just curious why you would want to see the GC # and not the cache name? When I log "finds" I do them in order based on the map and my driving route. I do not look them each up individually by #. You can save a lot of steps by just hovering over the cache and clicking once to bring up the information and clicking log cache from that particular page. Saves a bunch of time especially on those busy cachin' weekends where you find 100+. Just wondering.

TinmanJones Guest
    my thought is, if I have the code, it makes it easy to look up the cache at GZ (on my phn) if I need to look at hints & past log entries... I can't easily look up the cache name on GC.com...

Just curious. I have never done it that particular way, so I can't elaborate on if it works or not.

BTW- allenearl just beat you to the FTF on the new Aboretum cache. I figured you woulda went for that one when/if you got a chance.

TinmanJones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic
    Just curious. I have never done it that particular way, so I can't elaborate on if it works or not.

BTW- allenearl just beat you to the FTF on the new Aboretum cache. I figured you woulda went for that one when/if you got a chance.
    the Arboretum wasn't open at 6am when I went to work, & ummm, I'm still at work! therefore I loose!!!

Tinman, the cache name or GC code is put on the map by using tags.

From GSAK, go to GPS and click on Send Waypoints. When the Send Waypoints to GPS window pops up, go down to Waypoint Name and enter %code in the box. That will put the GC code on the map instead of the cache name.

Hope that helps.

TinmanJones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9
    Tinman, the cache name or GC code is put on the map by using tags.

From GSAK, go to GPS and click on Send Waypoints. When the Send Waypoints to GPS window pops up, go down to Waypoint Name and enter %code in the box. That will put the GC code on the map instead of the cache name.

Hope that helps.
    I've tried that, didn't seem to work...