Thread: New 'round here...

TinmanJones Guest

New 'round here...

hello guys and gals... hope everyone is having a great holiday season...

im brand new to geocaching... 2 weeks old and only 17 finds so far... but im on my way to many more exciting caches in the near future... i have found myself a hunting buddy in my son, whos 12, and goes by the name Juan Pablo...

id like to publicly thank arkfiremedic and 2ter for showing me the ropes and helping me get oriented with how the game/hobby/obsession works and is played...

im from down in south arkansas and look forward to meeting many more faces around this area at some of the upcoming events...

thanks to you guys that work hard to keep sites like these open... im thankful for you...

hope to see some of you on the trail somewhere in our great state...

TinmanJones

Welcome to our group and the addiction. Looks like you are in a great area to get started in a hurry. Look forward to meeting up some day.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Welcome aboard! You are in great hands in LA (Lower Arkansas) with Firemedic and 2ter! I look forward to meeting you at an event or on the trails.

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the Game ..It does get in your Blood!!!

Welcome Tinman! Only a couple of years ago, LA was pretty much devoid of caches. There were less in Union and Ouachita Counties than I have fingers. Between The Geostashers (Allenearl), AFM and 2Ter, they have really gotten the ball rolling in that area. Now Pshelto and Hollowlog have upped the areas cache count considerably. A few others have joined in the fray and now cachers come from all over to find caches in your area. You should have no problem trying to find a cache to go hunt. We look forward to meeting up with you at an event soon!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

TinmanJones I'm glad you signed up on the forum and became a member of the Association. There truly are some great people involved with ArkGeo and I am honored to be a member of it.

Look for another event to debut on February 13 in the evening time... I saw you signed up for Coffee and Nuts and it is being put on by the King and Queen of Arkansas Geocaching.

Hope you and Juan Pablo are having a blast. I truly enjoy reading your logs, especially the one by Sam's house. It's logs like that that make all the belly aching from the grumbly cachers worthwhile. Glad you are having fun (I hope your ears stopped hurting from 2ter talking about geocaching to you, she surely does love this sport doesn't she?)

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Cachin'!

TinmanJones Guest
    AFM, thanks won't ever be enough for you & 2ter...

I wouldn't change 2ter for anything in the world!!! She's awesome...

I'm sure most people in my life would wish I'd stop talking about caching... They look at me weird when I mention Travel Bugs & one even asked "did you kill it?" LOL

I'm looking forward to the upcoming area events... keep me informed on any others &/or changes...

I've ordered my travel bug tags & look forward to starting my own fleet of bugs...

again, thanks!

I have already shared an e-mail with the Tinman, but I wanted to say "Welcome to the ArkGeo" here as well.

I feel that you will find plenty of people in the forums that are eager to help with whatever you might need.

If I can ever be of any help just drop me a line!