Thread: New and in Sherwood

nathan72454 Guest

New and in Sherwood

Hey everyone. We are brand new to geocaching. Its me, my fiance', our one year old son, and my 12 year old daughter. Last week while visiting my family for Thanksgiving in Piggott we went for our first hunt. It was at the Piggott Cemetary. It was alot of fun and a great find. Also while we were there, I was able to visit my grandma's and grandpa's grave. So it made it even better. We are looking to make friends with the same interests in geocaching, and looking for events. We don't know alot about geocaching and we are working on getting a handheld gps. Right now we are using the gps on my cellphone and using google maps. It works just fine for the moment though.

nathan72454 welcome to this fun sport/game and welcome to the Arkansas Geocahers Association. We are so glad that you are here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here. We are one big family and are always willing to help when ever we can.
    There are several cachers in your area, Sherwood, Jacksonville, North Little Rock. Plus, there are lots of caches to find around there.
    Hope to meet you on the trail sometime and once again, welcome.

woodwalker

nathan72454 Guest

thanks woodwalker

Thank you woodwalker. We are using GCzII on my phone and there are tons of caches here. We are really excited to dig in. Unfortunately we are on separate schedules until megan graduates from UALR in March, but we can still hit the trails on the weekend.

Nathan, Welcome to the most addictive game/sport around. I love it! I live in Jacksonville and am happy to see more and more cachers in our area. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Judy/MathSeeker
    One cache at a time!

nathan72454 Guest

Thanks Mathseeker

Thanks Mathseeker. I saw you have a lot of caches in the area. can't wait to hit one. hope to see ya on the trail sometime and happy huntimg! Good Luck on 5000!

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the Game!!!!

I think you picked a great hobby to get into and you probably won't find too many other groups of people that are so nice and welcoming. Have fun and get you some smileys!

nathan72454 Guest
    Thank You Guys! I really appreciate the warm hospitality.

nathan72454 welcome to the game/hobby/sport/addiction and welcome to ArkGeo.

If you have not had the chance to attend an event yet I encourage you do to so. I have met so many wonderful people that are now not just my friends, but a part of my "geocaching family".

In fact I hope you can make it to Paris on Saturday, January 9th for the 4th annual Paris event called the Cache Ca$h Dash Bash. Hope to see you there!

nathan72454 Guest
    Thanks Paris1time. We have talked about showing up for the event. I just don't know what my work schedule will be for January, yet. We will definitely try to make it though.