Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We've lost one of our own

firechief1956 Guest
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you adn your family geoj and topKitty

Jimmy and Iris

The online guestbook is here I suggest everyone to write something in the book for Topkitty and family. Mark Clement Daniel GuestBook
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

GEO Guest
    Our GEO*Prayers are with you.
    God bless and comfort thee in these times of need.
    I am not one much on words in these type situations but if there is ANYTHING I CAN DO ??????????ASK!!!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Beth (topkitty9 was sitting at the table with me at the meet & greet at Burns Park and I was picking at her for making me file my first DNF and what a meany she was for placing her hide where I couldn’t find it and me and her and Mark were having fun (being sneaky) with our pocket caches. Then I read this.
    You know Life is fleeting and each moment is precious but how in the world can you envision that the bright eyes and smile of such a handsome young boy would be gone so soon. What a tragedy, it hurts my heart and I wish I knew what to say, but I don’t. I am at a lose for words and can’t believe he is gone. I am so very sorry.
    God be with you.

BooCrew Guest
    Beth and family,

We have never met but know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michele

LadyEngineer Guest

Beth and family

We just got back from Mark's funeral and it was a very moving beautiful service. Beth is doing as well as any of us would be at this time. I talked to her yesterday on the phone and she said that so many people have been so kind to her. Her only concern was in a few weeks when people get back to their lives and what will she do then. I told her that she had only to asked and I'm sure there were any number of us on this site that would love a reason to go cache with her since Mark is no longer there to be her partner. Many of you have asked what you could do. Please help in the weeks to come to remember that she may still need someone to talk to or go caching with or just a friendly hello. I believe that this group is great at just being a friend.

igpoobah Guest
    I've been tied up for a while with work and just got on here and saw this bad news. My condolences go out to the family. No one should have to lose a 13 year old.

Eric
    IGPoobah

Hello to everyone!
    It's been 11 months (in a couple days) since we lost our precious Mark. I have learned SO very much about God and His all-enveloping love and His grace than I ever imagined before. I appreciate all of you guys so much. I feel that I can call on several of you and know you will listen or come running.

Last Friday was Mark's birthday. We had multitudes of balloons that we released from my school, from home (MawMaw), from our house (Geo-J and I) and from some of my co-workers' houses. They had cards attached to them to wish Mark a happy first birthday with Jesus and to ask that if they could to log on Mark's website guest book where they had found the balloon. So far we have heard from a small town close to Stuttgart. Of course, I instantly think - Hey they need a cache there! HAHA

Anyway, just to tell ya'll thanks. I have a couple of goals for caching that I want to accomplish. I figured if I wrote them down here, I'd be more accountable. First is that I want to resurrect the Spring Valley Multi cache that I had hidden with Mark last October. I have a new container that Jerry fixed for me which is totally awesome. I want to get this one back out before it's been a year. Next, I want to host a "rolling" event in December. Stay tuned for that one! Mark would have really loved it - it will be fun!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
    Beth aka topkitty98 & always, forever, Markrocks916

http://markrocks916.friendpages.com/

Okay,

I know this is a very old thread to be bumping back up, but I just wanted folks to know that I have FINALLY resurrected the Spring Valley cache. It is no longer a multi, just one stage. Very simple but very powerful I hope. The cache container was designed by cachemates along with the cammo.

Jim actually went with me to hide it - this is the first time he has physically hidden one with me, but it is special. There was a lady visiting that afternoon and Mark would have rolled to see his Dad carrying what he carried out across the cemetery and through the woods with stealth! (When you hunt it, you'll understand!) We had a nice time doing this together - just Mark's Mom and Dad - and even if no one ever hunted for it, we'd know that we had fulfilled a promise to Mark to keep going because life is good and that's what God wants for us. Sometimes it is so tough to get up and breathe another day in a world without him, but this place reminds me in a very tangible way of what we have to look forward to. That is peace.

Thanks to each and every one of you for what you have done for our family.

And in the sentiments of the cachecrazies, may Mark Rocks in _____________ caches spread throughout the land!

I love you Mark, always - forever.
    Mom >^..^<