Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any TB Hotels in Russellville?

Ashallond Guest
    Put it in a cache near a major freeway that has a high find rate. It will get moving.

And, the take one, leave rule is illegal according to groundspeak. Trust me, that's a BIG discussion on the Travel Bug forum there.

pshelto Guest

hm...

Stargates sound interesting, can you elaborate on those?

Ashallond Guest
    The stargate in W. Arkansas has closed down so y'all know.

Stargate was a TB hotel that you could attach a note to have it travel to another stargate cache in the country (I assume that the CO would mail the TB to the other CO)

Then again, I'm all just guessing, i'm just assuming this from what I read from the stargate page before it was archived.

mud4x4 Guest
    I believe I am just going to drop it in a local cache, one that I believe will get alot of traffic.
    I am glad that the "leave one, take one" is illegal....because then once you've picked one up, you would forever be stuck with one. I don't always want to have a TB or GC in my possession...what if I wanted (or had to) quit playing for a month or so...I would have some rightfully mad owners of those TB's or GC's in my possession and I would feel bad for holding onto something for that long.

pshelto: Stargates
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC17R38

Even though it is closed, there are still several in existence. Perhaps the OE crew will sign on sometime and let us know how these things really work. I'm guessing by mail or "vacation" type travel so an item can be taken quickly and almost directly to the next stargate in the system. The link above has a listing of the other active stargates. The appealing element of the Stargates is that the item that travels through it will make a big leap of mileage, usually way more than just jumping from cache to cache.

I'm a big fan of the show, perhaps it's time for another stargate here in Russellville, OE, please contact me and let me know the reasons for the shutdown.

Here's a new one from Nuke & RBG since 1/20/10: GC23661