Thread: Jeeps N' Geocaching solution

mountainborn Guest

Jeeps N' Geocaching solution

While geocaching in Coffeyville Kansas at a cache named PO'S TREE, a sharp, shiney, tricked out Jeep Rubicon pulled up to say Hi. The driver was a long time neighbor of Po and gave us some cool background about him. Then, as Jeepers tend to do, the conversation turned to Jeeps.
    I had asked about a cool overhead shelf in his Jeep, located just above the sun visors. The shelf had caught my eye because our Jeep's dash is always covered with things like GPS, Camera, binoculars, ball caps, and just on and on. That very cool shelf just seemed to be the perfect solution ! Here is a look:

Well, to make a long story short, it turns out that Doug Misch makes those cool shelves and other sweet Jeep storage and convenience items. Before long we were talkin' Jeeps at Doug's office a short distance away, and Betty and I were looking at some of the slickest Jeep solutions ever ! Here is a look at Doug Misch in his office, after hours, taking care of business for his newest satisfied customers, that he met at a geocache.

There was so much cool and practical stuff at Doug's place, that we left with more than the shelf, or those sweet storage bags for the Jeep's headrest, we had found a friend. Thank's Doug, for your attention to our needs.
    Should you have a intrest in 4X4 innovations, Misch 4X4 products may be viewed at: http://www.misch4x4.com If you want to call him instead, he is at: 620-251-9100 . Or mention it to me and I have a hand full of brochures that show many of his cool products.

Thanks Harm!
    Coffeyville is my grandmothers hometown, and I will be going through there on Wednsday to head for her current hometown to go deer hunting. I have noticed all the cool virtuals there, and I have yet to stop for even one, since by this point in the trip, we are anxious to get there. If you happen to make it up US 75, you will notice three QuartzCachers caches about 90 minutes North of there in Coffee County.
    Thanks for the info from a fellow Jeeper, if you call my Liberty a Jeep.
    QC
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

That is a nice shelf! I thought about doing something like that similar when we had the TJ, except it was going to be for soundproofing and insulation from the cold. I think Jeeps and geocaching go together better than most any other thing in life. And the people in both crowds are second to none and always willing to talk an ear off (i'm guilty of keeping people a tad too long talking about a jeep or a cache ). Looks like you found a good site, I'll be sure to bookmark it and keep it for the future so when we get our JK someday we'll know where to go for innovative accessories.

Thanks for the pics and Jeep pictures!

mountainborn Guest
    Here is a look at the headrest bags that will hold a first aid kit that is quickly removable by fastex pasteners:

We got a couple of these, one for freshen up wipes, ect., for those dusty days out on the Jeep trails.
    The older Magellan Gold is a back up unit and the Garmin Colorado is the primary. Each end of the bag has storage pockets. 2 bags = 4 pockets.

Larry, those are cool! How much do those run?
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

GeoJeepers Guest
    When I saw the shelf I said to myself "that must be the Misch Overhead Shelf"! I see those ads in JP Magazine every issue, I've looked at them a time or two myself.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Speaking of jeeps, take a look at this one.