Thread: Geoscouting

Geoscouting

This year my son joined the Cub Scouts and is a Tiger Cub. I signed up to help and currently I am the den leader for his Tiger Cub den.

I was also involved last year when Woodwalker, Cachemates, Quartizcachers, and I set up a booth at the Boy Scout event at Fort Chaffee.

I say all this because when I received a weekly e-mail from Geocaching.com yesterday the following really stuck out:

Boy Scouts Roll Out Get in the Game Geocaching Program
    The Boy Scouts of America are launching a major geocaching initiative for their 100th Anniversary celebration for Scouts, Scouting volunteers and non-Scouts alike. "Get in the Game" consists of a number of nationwide activities that include geocaches, 100th Anniversary trackable Geocoins, custom Trackables and Groundspeak Travel Bugs®. The Get in the Game program highlights the fun of geocaching for everyone. Each Boy Scout council in the United States has been invited to participate. Learn more about Get in the Game at www.geoscouting.com

This looks like a great combination of Scouting and Geocaching.

Thanks for the heads up! Being an Eagle Scout I HAVE to get the cache to eagle geocoin!

GeoJeepers Guest
    I see the following call for help on th geoscouting website...

Geocachers — want to help Scouts “Get in the Game”?
    If you're an active geocacher interested in helping Scouts and Scouters in your area, we'd love your help. Contact the 100th Anniversary Staff Adviser at your BSA local council office to enroll in the 100th Anniversary National Leadership Team. Help bring the fun and adventure of geocaching to youth in your community!

Has ArkGeo volunteered or do we need to do that individually?