Thread: Just moved here from Japan

Spectre8969 Guest

Just moved here from Japan

I just moved here from Japan (where I got addicted). I figured the best way to learn my way around would be to start finding some local caches. Ran into several other cachers yesterday and they informed me of the association.

I'm glad to be here in Little Rock.

Spectre8969, it was great to meet you yesterday and welcome to Arkansas and to the Arkansas Geocachers Association. Glad you joined us and please feel free to jump in with any questions or comments. We have a lot of knowledgeable folks who are always willing to help with any questions that you might have.

Welcome aboard and happy cachinig.

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the area.

There are some great caches in the Little Rock area. Be sure and check out Burns Park, it will keep you busy for a while. I live just up I-40 in Conway. Please drop me a line if I can be of any assistance. Look forward to meeting you on the trail sometime.

If you aren't busy, on Saturday, Nov. 15 there will be some geocaching activities going on in Jacksonville. I'm sure you could meet lots of fellow cachers at one or both of these events.

GC203JH - Meet & Greet Breakfast
    GC1ZX6R is a World Wide Flash Mob event

Spectre8969 Guest
    I'll try to be at the event on the 15th. I'm looking forward to learning the area through cache hunting. Your group seems extremely friendly and helpful.

bluesybreeze Guest
    Welcome Spectre8969! Wow! Japan! I was there for 3 weeks with a teacher program sponsored by the Japanese government. It was most definitely an experience of a lifetime, but sadly I didn't know anything about geocaching until 6 months AFTER I get back home. Then I realized all the fantastic caches I missed in the Tokyo area and in the Yurihonjo area were I stayed for a week.

Welcome to geocaching and I hope to meet you soon.

Welcome to the area Spectre8969! I look forward to meeting you at the events on the 14th of November in Jacksonville or on the caching trail.
    One cache at a time!

pshelto Guest

welcome

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the club. I was thinking about international caching today, so perhaps I will hit you up with some questions later.