Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must Get Caches!

drmo913 Guest

Must Get Caches!

My wife (smilin4God) & I are getting ready to go on vacation. We will be traveling to Nashville, TN & then back thru Ark on our way to Oklahoma City. Any "must-grab" cache suggestions?

gingerose Guest
    Going Gibson in Nashville, TN

and

Old George in Jackson, TN

These are two caches that you will find unique.

scoutfrog Guest
    Hi guys!, I live in Chattanooga, tn and have yet to get up to Nashville to cache. So I passed the thought on to a couple of the more seasoned cachers I know. their reply was,

"
    They may want to get in touch with JAG. (http://jacksonareageocachers.com/) I've only touched the caches in west Tennessee, so I can't be a really be a good person to answer that question. "

Ashallond Guest
    There was two earthcaches on that run that I wanted to do. I was able to negotiate one of them, and hopefully will get to do the other one next trip that way.

Lee & Gould Furnace (GC15QK3) Really quick easy stop, take a picture, read a sign and go.

Selenite Crystal Earthcache (GC17N7Z) just read it..but it's literally a field of crystals. This is the one I haven't done yet. Beyond that, contact the Jackson Area Geocachers. They had tons on the route that I couldn't do because we were on a time crunch to get where we needed to go.

KD5JNL Guest
    in oklahoma city a must do is "and jesus wept GC7051". Very touching cache. Have a good vacation.

Old George is a must do. Very unique.

Just East of Jackson is Walking Through The Battlefield GCTV34. It'll take a bit of walking but it is very cool. In the Nashville area here are some great ones:

MayDay GC1BMC7

tool cache GC4957

Protector of the Great War GC160TD

Geo MoJo # 10 / Crazy in G Sharp 6 GC19KZZ

The Six-Million Dollar Dead Drop GCXB21

Geo MoJo #6 in the Shadow of the TITANS GCTGF0

Falling Waters Under the City GC15VHM

Also there are also a couple of webcams and several neat virtuals on Vanderbilt's campus.

drmo913 Guest
    ThAnks guys!!!

Here are a couple of others.

In West Memphis Arkansas if you are passing through outside of normal business hours don't pass up Driveby Caching. I've not seen another like this one.

In Memphis The Grotto is a very nice virtual.

Abiectio, The Grotto is one of my all time favorite caches. I have never visit anywhere quite like it before. It really is a must do cache when in the area.

JodyC_GoHogs Guest
    The Grotto is a beautiful area, especially if the flute player is there.

Also, the drive to Glenwood for the Tool Time series is a great way to spend the afternoon.