Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pray for Majii

Quote Originally Posted by majii
    For those who don't know, the doctors are pretty sure it's cancer. I have surgery scheduled for next Thursday (9/17) that is expected to take care of everything. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Oddly enough, this bad news comes right on top of some incredibly good news. This past Friday I proposed to smon25 (Monica), and she said yes. Needless to say, we were on all ends of the emotional spectrum over the span of just a few days. And, true to form, I've got a cache I need to get published that commemorates the engagement. I took her to the place where we went on our second date and first geocaching date and placed a cache nearby. The new cache will be called Memories and will mark the trailhead for another nearby cache.
    Thank you for the update. I hope all goes well with the surgery and please keep us posted. Prayers are heading your way from L.A. (Lower Arkansas).

Michael thank you for letting us know. We are so glad that the prognosis is good and we will continue to pray for your quick and complete recovery.

You are in my prayers Michael. May God bless you through it all.
    Congratulations on the engagement. You and Monica make a great couple.
    One cache at a time!

We are prayerful and hopeful for a speedy recovery and we send best wishes on hearing the news of your engagement.

GeoJeepers Guest
    Thanks for updating us Majii. I saw on facebook where everyone went from very happy to very upset in a very short time span...hopefully the joy in the beginning helped to offset the bad news you received from the doctor! Great to hear the outlook is good! We'll be praying for you!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Hang in there, Majii. I had a cancerous prostate removed just 3 days ago and came through it OK. I'm older than you and that probably had an effect on my thinking, but I never did get depressed. I figured if God was through with me on this earth, well, I've had a good life and I'll be better off. My future was placed in His hands and my life has been one of praising Him for many years.

I had a great number of people praying for me and God answered their prayers. From the messages on this board, there are many people praying for you and I will be also. I imagine you have non-geocaching family and friends praying for you also. If God can still use you everything will be fine. So trust in Him and don't worry, be happy.

Guy Veazey aka Geezer_Veazey

Michael, we're thinking of you daily and keep you on our prayer list (it gets longer every day). If you need help in any way in the medical field, questions, etc.., let me know.

specialteacher Guest
    My prayers are with you. You can beet this.

flannelman Guest
    Prayers sent from here.

majii Guest
    Once again, I'd like to thank everybody for the prayers. I'm completely overwhelmed at how many people I've found out were praying for me the past couple of weeks. The surgeryseems to have been successul this past Thursday, and I'm getting better every day. I'm getting a geocaching itch, but I'm probably going to have to stick to 1.0 and 1.5 terrain caches for a little while. I have a follow-up appointment this Thursday where they'll tell me the results of the biopsy and do some more tests to find out if the cancer was contained or not. Continued prayers are always appreciated.

On another note, I'll be getting married 6 months from yesterday, so that's something to look forward to. I expect to be fully back in the swing of my normal life by then, just in time to have everything rearranged again... I don't mind though. :P