Thread: We'll miss you Gizmo! the greatest dog ever!

We'll miss you Gizmo! the greatest dog ever!

Our beloved little dog of almost 4 years ran out infront of us on Saturday on our way out of the driveway. There is nothing like killing your own dog that you shared so many memories and adventures with. The dog that my wife and I got when we were newlyweds! The worst part was is we had plans to take him to the groomer this week and to take him trick-or-treating with us cause we got our son a matching bumble-bee costume.

I know I should be thankful for what I have, and I am, and that it was just a dog and not a neighbors kid or something, but It is hard to not think of him as almost a person sometimes. I mean he would sleep on his back and snore just as loud as you or I. He died quick at least but there are just so many little "what if's" that I could have done to have made sure he didn't follow us or that he was out of the way.

Anyway, we will miss him and hopefully it will make me feel better by letting him go this way.

bluesybreeze Guest
    I am so sorry to hear about your little dog. I understand how much pets can mean to a family. I know he was well loved.

cachemates Guest
    I to am sorry to hear about your little dog Gizmo! I know how you feel, I have had several Greatest Dogs Ever! Even though I never run over one I have had the experience of losing several Best Friends. I lost my 14+ year old Labrador last year. I miss her every day. It will get better with time.
    Gizmo looks like a fun little dog.
    Sorry.

gingerose Guest
    My heart goes out to you. We get so attached to our four legged family members so quickly.

On my geocaching profile page is a photo of my chinchilla, Amelia, that I had for 7 years. She just past away right before returning to school this year. I think of her often and so does my other chinchilla, Zoe.

edieo Guest
    I'm so sorry to hear about Gizmo, my heart goes out to you guys..

Thanks all, it has been hard as everything seems to make us think of him. From the grossness on the window where he used to wait for me to get home and look out, to the toys, brushes, and hair we'll run across when were cleaning up.

It is weird how we get so attached to a dog, but they have a personality all of their own. We have both owned dogs that are...well just dogs and we wouldn't have taken it this hard. A dog like a shih-tzu requires some user maintenance that the dog just can not do himself, so he learns to rely on you for certain things like hair cuts, washings, fetch, nail trims, treats, etc. I guess it's the trust that the dog places in us that gives us such an emotional attachment to them.

On a side note, we have a stray yellow lab dog that wondered up to our house about a week ago, very sweet, but shy, and we would like to see her gone. She looks about 8-10 months old. We think she is part of the reason Gizmio started doing the "bad behavior" of following us out of the drive. Anyways, thanks for all of the kind words.

Jclaudii & southerngirl

Awwww! He was such a little cutie! I am so sorry.

I love the pictures of him with you on your adventures. Where were they taken?