Thread: Thanks Bud.

flannelman Guest

Thanks Bud.

Ya'll might be wondering why Bruce of Quartzcachers didn't have any finds for this Saturday even though the weather was most excellent!! He was driving me around helping me hide some more caches. What a great guy! Thanks Bud for all the help and ideas and for giving me your time.

Dentful1 Guest
    Bruce was "driving YOU around to HIDE caches." Hmmmmmm.......This means he did find caches. The ones YOU hid. Unless he kept his eyes closed while you hid the cache at each location.

majii Guest
    Sounds like Bruce may end up getting some pre-published FTFs...

In defense of QC at a recent event he did accompany 4 cachers around to find HIS caches all afternoon. Some 45 smileys WE got, but he didn't (multiplied by 4 equals some 180 smileys he got for us ). That is the kinda guy he is. Can't wait until he invades LA this weekend.

I feel that I know Bruce well enough to say that I'm not surprised at his actions. There are lots of way to "give back" to this game and Bruce is the kind of guy who is willing to do that. Hiding caches is one way, and he has certainly done that, but also, as pointed out in this thread, he has helped others by assisting them in reaching their goals. I know of instances where he has helped newbies with hides or questions and has been available as a PAF for me on more than one occasion. I appreciate Bruce so much and really value his and his families friendship. Thanks Bruce for all that you do.

I knew WW9 and QC were BIG BUDs, but to make a Double double post telling how great his is was a little redundent, I think.
    Everyone who knows QC knows what he is and if you don't know just shake his hand
    He is a Caching Machine (Picking them up or Putting them Out) with a whole lot of do anything to help out throwed in for good measure.
    Yes, Bruce is a good one and a One of a kind too.

If I keep typing I might get myself in trouble.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Oh my gosh! Man, y'all sure know how to make a guy feel great! Really all I did, was to go out and spend some good quality time with a good friend. I couldn't have had more fun if I had been out racking up a hundred finds.
    As far as giving back, I sure had some good role models to show me how we are supposed to act when playing this game. several of whom, have commented on this thread.
    FTF's HA! Did you know that Likestocanoe have developed the ability to actually apparate to GZ the instant a cache is published. Yup, they actually just appear, sign the log, and a loud CHACHING, is heard as they disappear into a cloud of smoke on the way to the next one.
    Anyway, thanks y'all! I had a great time with Will on Saturday, and I sure needed the warm fuzzy about now.
    Will, I can't wait for these to be published! I can't wait to read the logs on a couple of those in particular! heeeeeheee
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

flannelman Guest
    Well it looks like I'm just gonna pick most of them back up so it was wasted time as far as geocaching is concerned. It was a lot of fun haniging out with Bruce though.

Here is why I am going to go pick them back up. Quoted from an e-mail I got from Chuckwalla.

"Although the cache appears to be hidden within the right of way (ROW) of a state or county road, the state / county only has an easement for the road and its management while all other uses are still managed by the NFS. So a review of this location must be performed by the NFS for compliance with the NFS policy on geocaches and a determination made on whether a permit is required or not."

Thanks for doing your job Chuck but I just can't seem to find the joy of hiding a cache anymore if I must talk to the NFS before I slap an altoids tin on a guardrail. Maybe I'll rehide them somewhere that is more friendly to geocaching.

Quote Originally Posted by flannelman
    Here is why I am going to go pick them back up. Quoted from an e-mail I got from Chuckwalla.

"Although the cache appears to be hidden within the right of way (ROW) of a state or county road, the state / county only has an easement for the road and its management while all other uses are still managed by the NFS. So a review of this location must be performed by the NFS for compliance with the NFS policy on geocaches and a determination made on whether a permit is required or not."
    For a more complete explanation, see this forum thread.
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson