Thread: GSAK and Nuvi 1200 issue

GSAK and Nuvi 1200 issue

I have a Nuvi 1200 GS and am not able to load up waypoints from GSAK. There is not a 1200 listed and get an error message if I try to use the USB universal.
    I am trying to use GSAK and Easy GPS so I can navigate to the cache in my vehicle and use the handheld out of the truck. I have had alot of caches that show up on my handheld (ETrex Vista HCX) that I use GSAK with.
    I would appreciate some help in making GSAK work for both.

What error message do you get when you try to load the Nuvi through USB port?

Take time to smell the roses and love the grandkids.

Sorry for the delay in posting a response in trying to help with thie error issue.
    I am getting a Windows error message that says:
    "GPSbabel.exe has stopped working". It loads 4 or 5 caches then this message pops up.
    Since the Nuvi 1200 is not on the list I am using the USB setting.
    Thanks for anyones help on this. BTW, it also seems to list the GC # instead of the cache name.
    Thanks for the help!

The first thing I would do is make sure I had the latest version of GSAK installed. If the problem still persists I think your best course of action would be to post a topic on the GSAK FORUMS. That would be your best resource for help. I have learned a lot just browsing the forums. Good Luck.