Thread: Geocache Tour at Prairie Grove Battlefield SP

Geocache Tour at Prairie Grove Battlefield SP

I was checking on some information about events at our wonderful Arkansas State Parks and noticed this virtual geocaching tour of the battlefield park. It looks very interesting and I was wondering if anyone had done it?

Also, here's the link to the State Parks Calendar of Events, which is pretty handy to have. There is so much going on!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    I've done the ParkCache, and I walked the park when I was back in college, but I hadn't done the combo of them both.

Would be neat actually. Actually, they should make it into a whereigo cache.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Around 2004 or 2005 they had a multi-cache with around 15 legs and an ammo can at the end, which I completed. Each leg of the multi took you to a historical point of interest in the park where you could see exhibits and you also had to search for a dogtag with engraved coordinates for the next leg. I'm wondering if it is the same points with the final ammo can removed and they are calling it a virtual tour. I enjoyed it very much when I went.

We did the cache Geezer is refering to a couple of years ago. It's a great park and I recommed checking it out. I think it would be great in the fall when the leaves turn color.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Ceeker7 Guest
    I did the tour last year. It was a pretty neat way to learn history. It takes a while to complete the tour and it's best to do it in cooler weather. There was not a container at the end. Disappointing, because I wanted a prize at the end. You can get a certificate of completion from the park.

redink Guest

Battlefield tour

There is a container at the end, but no longer an ammo can.

Prairie Grove is my hometown and I sometimes drop trackables
    in the final stage. The tour still hits all the highlighted area of the park.
    It takes about 2-3 hours to complete. I did the cache in December
    when they have the reenactmant of the battle, well worth the trip.

I will say the final is somewhat tricky, one of the best hides that I've
    seen by the park caches I found so far, bring a flathead screwdriver.