Thread: Whats the longest you've had a simple cache go unfound?

Whats the longest you've had a simple cache go unfound?

Just wondering because I had 5 caches approved on Sunday, Aug 2 and as of today (Aug. 13) they are still unfound. They are all 1.5/1.5 cemetery caches. The catch is, they in all in Little River County in SW Arkansas and there aren't any active cachers in the county. I figured someone from the Texarkana area would be tempted to get 5 FTFs, but so far nada.

I noticed all those the other day and was intending to get them all on my way back from Texas on Monday but we were short on time so I could not get them . Sorry to have to skip them. They must be getting really lonely by now. That is another part of the state that needs a little boost to get them going. Take a look at Texarkana for example. There are fewer than 40 caches within the city limits and that is counting both sides of the state line. I think it is time for an eat and greet down yonder.

edieo Guest
    I have to agree with you guys !

I think our record for a simple PnG is around a week. Longer for the harder ones. I had one go about a month once which kind of shocked me because it was in a state park. But yeah, geocaching is pretty much dead in western Arkansas.
    Last edited by oenavigator; 07-16-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Ashallond Guest
    Sort of agree with OENav. There's a pocket around Fort Smith of about 8-12 cachers, but beyond that, a lot of my logs are from passerbys.

I know what you mean about Texarkana. Most of those caches are hidden on a trail on the Arkansas side. Not many new ones popping up down that way either.

I once got a FTF on a nighttime cache in Texarkana 4 weeks after it was originally published. I looked for it a few times and it got muggled twice before my FTF.

Well, a nice family from Louisiana on their way to Lake Millwood stopped off in Ashdown and picked up the 5 FTFs. They said they were surprised they were still unfound. Glad they are off the board. Now they probably won't get found again until next summer!

pshelto Guest
    OEnav, I am working on getting more caches in my area of western Arkansas (Mena). I have to find ways to keep from violating national forest areas.

Back to the topic- I have a cache that has been out for about two weeks or so (I hid it on 8.2). It's a puzzle cache and a few people are hot on the trail, but not many people make it out to my neck of the woods.