Thread: Greasemonkey Scripts for geocaching.com

Greasemonkey Scripts for geocaching.com

Do you use Firefox?

Do you use Greasemonkey?
    Greasemonkey is a Mozilla Firefox add-on that allows users to install scripts that make on-the-fly changes to HTML-based web pages

There are some very nice scripts that add functionality to the pages on geocaching.com:

On cache pages it adds an "email" link next to the owner profile link. When clicking this link, an appropriate subject line will be added to the message.

On travel bug pages it adds an "email" link next to the owner profile link. When clicking this link, an appropriate subject line will be added to the message.

On the "submit/edit a cache" page it remembers the preferred state of the two disclaimer boxes at the bottom.

A script that changes the "Found:" and "Hidden:" numbers on your Friends List into links that will take you to their lists of finds and hides.

One of my favorites is a VIP list. On the right-hand side of each cache page, a summary of cache logs written by a configurable list of VIPs is shown. Your VIP List might include your friends, family and any other Very Important Persons that you wish to keep an eye on. Each time you load a cache page you can can see whether your VIPs have logged the cache. You can click on their names to go right to their log.

You can get these from Lil Devil's website: http://www.lildevil.org/greasemonkey/

chadbishop Guest
    theres also some scripts here http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/

i just mentioned the gcvote script in another post. if more people would use it from around here it would be awesome.

Don't forget theLog Maximizer and all the others by Locus Prime.

I use them as well. They really make you logs stand out when you use certain colors like blue for frownies, red for archive or disable, and green for activate, etc. I have received several comments about the colored logs 2ter and I use in our finds. I will have to check the others out as well mentioned in this thread.

I have GM as well, but I don't have all the scripts for it. I just mainly got the picture one and the log maximizer so everything pulls up on our tiny laptop in one screen. Nice.

One of my very favorite scripts is AddWaypointFinder from http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/Add_...nt_Finder.html

It adds a GC# search box to every page on geocaching.com. That really comes in handy for me.