Thread: 60csx with a laptop

bmwrider1 Guest

60csx with a laptop

Has anyone used the 60csx with a laptop so that the gps info is on the laptop screen? I have not found any info on how to do this.

bmwrider1/The Rascals

I recall something about using the hyperterminal under the accessories > communications folder of the start menu to display the raw data, but I have never seen a way to display the same thing on the laptop as what was on the gps screen.

What you trying to do?

mrbb Guest
    If you are using Mapsource you can see your position on the screen in real time. I have done it with my 76s but not my 60csx. I can't remember how though. A lot of help I know. Is that what you're referring to?

It's probably not what your asking, but we often use our GPS with Microsoft Streets & Trips to see real time updates on a map and to see things like direction and current speed...

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

bmwrider1 Guest
    I found a program from Garmin called nRoute. This program puts the street maps that is on the gps on the laptop in real time. It makes it much easier to see on the larger screen. It is a free program from garmin.

Try this for nRoute http://www8.garmin.com/software/nRoute_276.exe

Team_Pink Guest
    If you are just looking for a data stream of the coords from the GPS to feed a program on the laptop, you just need the serial cable.