Thread: Be careful when grabbing for cache containers......

RabidCat Guest

Be careful when grabbing for cache containers......

Hello all,

I am new to the Arkansas geocaching website....so this may have been covered before but.....

I just wanted to drop a note for all Ark cachers to be careful when grabbing for cache containers. While I was out caching with my brother today, he was stung by a Scorpion. I was letting him do the work because he is new to geocaching and he was moving rocks to get to an ammo can when he got stung. Other than just some pain...he is ok. Arkansas scorpions are not known to be deadly nor do they cause major medical concern...but they have been know to cause people to swell up and have trouble breathing ( Allergic Reaction).

So everyone be careful...because I have seen spiders, snakes and various other types of insects/bugs/creatures while caching. You never know what may be lurking around the containers, and we like to keep everyone safe.

Thanks,
    Happy Geocaching,

RabidCat

Nice reminder. Thanks! We have had run-ins with several poisonous snakes, but have never seen a scorpion while caching. Glad to hear that your brother is ok.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

GEO Guest

I found him at this Cache,along with a couple of friendly turtles.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...e-d1cdb176d4f9

Geo that looks like the makings of some new Boots(if I wore boots).
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!