Thread: Geocaching Class at the Garland County Library

justthieves Guest

Geocaching Class at the Garland County Library

Hello fellow cachers,

My name is Adam Webb (justthieves on gc.com) and I work at the Garland County Library in Hot Springs. I just wanted to pass along word that we're doing an intro to geocaching class for young adults and their families on July 25th at 10 a.m. I know 10 a.m. might be wishful thinking for teenagers on a saturday morning, but we're going to try anyway. In addition to the class, we're loaning out GPS receivers for a week to those who take the class. If you know anyone in the Hot Springs area that might be interested, tell them to call the library at 501-623-4161. Registration is required so let them know to register soon. We're starting to fill up.

Thanks,

justthieves

I don't think that I will be able to attend (work), but I attended a similar class before and really enjoyed it. Not that it taught me a whole lot, but I really enjoyed meeting the new people. I would encourage anyone if you can to go to this and you may learn something or you may get to do a little teaching.
    Adam (justthieves) I hope you program goes well, it sounds like fun and interesting way of promoting the sport.
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Awesome! I met a lady on facebook in the Hot Springs area who is interested and I'll send her this info!

Thanks!!!

Beth
    aka topkitty98

Do you need any help? The Garland County Library offers such great activities, and I often take the grandkids when they are with us. We both enjoyed our visit with the Very Hungry Caterpillar this week with our grandson.

likestocanoe gang
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

justthieves Guest
    hey likestocanoe,

i think i got it covered as far as help, but come by if you're out and about. i'll have coffee and donuts! right now, i'm expecting about 15-20 folks. i think i can manage that many, but thanks for the offer to help. johnnyblack should be there as well. hoping for a good turnout.

i was hoping to be in the very hungry caterpillar costume, but i was too tall. got to be peter rabbit last year though

Great - If you don't need the help, I guess I will just work Saturday.... {( Oh, well, it has to be done.

I felt sorry for the girl in the Very Hungry Caterpillar costume. She was really having a hard time getting around. Grandson had a great time and couldn't wait to tell his sister all about him getting to go and her not getting to go..... {)

likestocanoe gang
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt