Thread: I need help on a webcam cache

Ashallond Guest

I need help on a webcam cache

So I asked for help on the GC forums... in two subforums.

Nothing. So I'm coming here.

I'm going to be in Atlanta for the High Schools that Work Conference and since my plane will get in early Wednesday...I was going to go caching in the close proximity to my hotel. About a half mile from my hotel is Downtown U Web Cam Cache (GC6D4D) As this is the first shot I'll have at getting a webcam cache, I'd like to get it, but won't have anyone that can take the picture.

Anyone willing to take the picture for me? I can call you when I get there, I figure it would be early afternoon on Wed. the 8th of July. Like around 1-2 pm eastern. If you'd be willing I'd probably go check to see if you can get the webcam to work before you agree to do it.

If so, toss me a message to ashallond (at) gmail dot com with a phone number, and receive my eternal gratitude. If you would want me to call earlier to check to see if you are still ok to go, please note it. Thanks. I probably won't be able to check any posts here after tonight.

I would like to help you out, but I will be at work during that time.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Ashallond Guest
    I can go later. I pretty much have an open night. Well, until about 5 pm central time.

If anyone could help, but a bit later, let me know. I'm flexible.

gingerose Guest
    I might be able to help!

About what time will you be there?

I have gone to the site and downloaded something that allowed me to move the camera. It took me a bit to find the location (intersection) for the needed photo but I managed. I will need to play around with it right before you get there or you might be standing there a while.

Ashallond Guest
    Actualy had a cacher email me after I left here last night and he took the pic for me. God thing as it is raining now and it was more than a half mile hike. Thanks for the offers of help.

Cachers are the best, aren't they?