Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever found an animal muggled cache ?

mountainborn Guest

Ever found an animal muggled cache ?

We havn't heard from the cache owner yet, but think that the cache was muggled by wildlife.
    Here are the photos:

>

>

>

>

>
    There was no log book, but the scattered swag matched the description of some of the swag listed on the cache page.

cachemates Guest
    mountainborn,
    I was at this homestead once but it was before a cache was placed there. Since we don't have a boat, and that is the easiest way to this place, we have not looked for this cache. Started to go during deer season on my 4 wheeler but decided against that.
    We found a Grandkid 38 cache once that had been torn into by something. It was in a very remote area, we were FTF on the cache. It was a large cache about the size of an ice chest. It was archived after that. Grandkid figured it was a bear. It very well could have been.

I've had to replace one of my BSA series caches in Petit Jean State Park due to an animal gnawing on it! The cache container was a decon kit and the top had been chewed on and it would not seal properly anymore. I replaced it to keep the weather out of it. It was also hidden on the ground, so I relocated it to a tree. -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

relikborg Guest
    My second find was a cache called Ferris Caves in central Kansas, brought a whole bunch of friends so they could see what caching was all about. When we got there, a mouse family had made their nest inside the cache! A very small hole was chewed through the top corner of the 4" pvc pipe, so i didn't think much of it, then i picked it up and it started moving in my hand, and squeaking! So quickly the cache went back to the ground as all the girls that had come with scattered! LOL was a fun find though!

RugerPilot345 Guest
    I've got one in Arkadelphia that a squirrel, I am guessing, has made friends with and he/she has decided that the hiding place needs to be relocated, ha ha. Every time I go check on it the ache is laying in the wide open just laying there on the ground about 15 to 20 feet away from the hiding place......hmmmmm I wonder if I could get him to hide one way up in a tree for me, ha ha......"evil laugh ".....oh well, my exciting life trying to outwit the "evil mischievous squirrel"!!

Joe (RP45)

HikerRon Guest
    i found a cache in Colorado that had bear claw marks all over it. believe me....that got my attention!

Peterjfixit Guest
    I found one a few days ago that had apparently been moved by some animal as the coords sent me right to a tree stump but finally found the film can out in the open about 20 or 25 feet away.

HikerRon Guest
    I think squirrels like to play with micros

Peterjfixit Guest
    I kind of thought squillel too, he didn't take it very fall, guess he don't like that kind of nut.

edieo Guest
    I found a cache that the top of the film can had been chewed almost off ,,maybe it was field mices