Thread: ALERT! Flat Rock Geocaching Park Closed!

ALERT! Flat Rock Geocaching Park Closed!

I received the following information from Ron Wylie (cfd10 & tee) today concerning the old Army Corps of Engineers park at Flat Rock, located in Johnson County on the Piney Bay outlet to Lake Dardanelle. This park has a lot of geocaches in it, that are now off-limits. Be warned and don't get arrested for trespassing. Ron plans on putting this information out in The Johnson County Graphic newspaper later this week.

Trespassers Warned By Sheriff’s Office

Persons trespassing at Flat Rock Park on the Big Piney are warned by the Sheriff’s Office that citations for criminal trespass will be issued or arrests made. The park was closed several years ago by the U. S. Corps of Engineers and the entrance blocked. Trespassers have been driving around the gate or parking at the gate and walking in. Severe damage has occurred in the past several weeks to the park’s infrastructure including damage to trees and signs. Patrols in the area will be increased by the Sheriff’s Office and Corps of Engineers and persons caught inside the park will have a citation issued, be arrested or have their vehicles towed.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

This sounds like a permanent thing. Should those caches be archived?
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Perhaps, but what if the owners want to retrieve them so as not to be left behind. Some may even contain travel bugs. I bet if your a cache owner want to get your cache, if you call the Russellville office, they would give you permission to retrieve your cache.

That is sad, it was a fun place, we went caching there and even used a picknick table for a lunch that day. We still had a few to go back and find sometime. Owell.