Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C/Sx "cache page" info

C/Sx "cache page" info

For those of us using a C/S or C/Sx, you might find this of interest. http://gsak.net/board/index.php?show...=0&#entry56750. This process is not perfect and a little slow to operate, but allows a C/S user to have cache data on the GPS.

Wow, thats pretty cool. I'm going to have to play with that some more.

Thanks for posting this, I will definitely have to check this out.

DEEZER Guest
    Has anybody tried this yet? If so, how was it?

Loaded it on my old c/s. A process, but an alternative to PDAs, paper, plus the GPS.

I saw this once before, but I was worried about the small memory the CS has compared to the ones with storage cards, so I never tried it. How many caches were you able to hold? Can you post a few screen shots of it? If you have downloaded the garmin tool, it allows you to take screen shots of your gpsr.

So far I have just been including the limited character limit in the geocache icon from GSAK.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Awesome! Totally Awesome!!! I set this up on my Nuvi 200 and it works GREAT!. I loaded some of Hick's evil caches so there were some really long cache descriptions. It loaded the smart name, cache type GC number, coordinates, last 4 Found/Not Found indicators, Difficulty and Terrain ratings, placed by and date, last found date, long description, hint, last 5 logs and my log regardless of how long ago. The Nuvi loaded 47 caches before it ran out of memory. I can get an SD card to increase memory.

The link above says that on a 60CSx the pages are listed in random order and you hunt for the next page, which might be a drawback. On the Nuvi there is a 'More' button and it takes you thru the pages in order. I had to upgrade the firmware (free download from Garmin) and it works like a charm.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    More good news for Nuvi owners. A little investigation showed I still had tons of free memory without a SD card. It turns out that all 500 caches were loading and only the closest 50 were available to browse. When you move, the list changes so that it's always the closest 50 with the closest on top. What more could you ask for?

This makes sense since the data is stored as POI information. Thanks for your investigation.

gosh, I would love to see someone who has done this on a cs/x to get a feel for it. Since I have the CS without the expandable memory, I wonder how many caches it can hold.

Have any of you done this on a cs/x?