I am new to the Arkansas geocaching website....so this may have been covered before but.....
I just wanted to drop a note for all Ark cachers to be careful when grabbing for cache containers. While I was out caching with my brother today, he was stung by a Scorpion. I was letting him do the work because he is new to geocaching and he was moving rocks to get to an ammo can when he got stung. Other than just some pain...he is ok. Arkansas scorpions are not known to be deadly nor do they cause major medical concern...but they have been know to cause people to swell up and have trouble breathing ( Allergic Reaction).
So everyone be careful...because I have seen spiders, snakes and various other types of insects/bugs/creatures while caching. You never know what may be lurking around the containers, and we like to keep everyone safe.