Thread: New Board Members Elected! Election Results - 2009

New Board Members Elected! Election Results - 2009

As announced at the ArkGeo 2009 Social Event this past weekend, two new Board members have been elected and will take office on July 1st, 2009. Thank you for such a good voter turnout for these elections and for supporting your organization. The newly elected Board members are:

Mike Beavers (AR-Hick)
    Richard Lee (IdRatherBeHiking)

Congratulations, guys!

Here are the election results (62 votes cast):

Mike Beavers (AR-Hick) received 33 votes (53%)
    Richard Lee (IdRatherBeHiking) received 27 votes (44%)
    Bruce Crane (Quartzcachers) received 25 votes (40%)
    Tim Stone (BSA534) received 23 votes (37%)
    Sandy Fryar (likestocanoe) received 15 votes (24%)

(Percentages may not total 100%, since voters can vote for more than one candidate.)

It should be noted that the Election Committee nominated all candidates except Mike Beavers. Mike was nominated by the general membership during the open nomination period.

Congratulations IRBH & AR-Hick! Now with you two on the board, I fear arkgeo may have just gotten better than it already was.

I would also like to thank QuartzCachers, BSA, and LikesToCanoe for running in the election. I really didn't know who to vote for because you all do so much for the geocaching community! Thanks.

62 votes, that seems pretty low compared to our registered member list. How does it compare with previous elections?

Sounds like any election. There are 1600 members and only 62 voted. (I don't know how many of them are registered voting members.)

The candidate slate was excellent! It was hard to decide which candidate to vote for. You all do so much for geocaching and I do appreciate it.

Wayne,
    THANK YOU for all you have done.
    One cache at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii
    62 votes, that seems pretty low compared to our registered member list. How does it compare with previous elections?
    Last year, voter turnout was 73 out of 128, or 57%.

This year, voter turnout was 62 out of 182, or 34%.

Why the difference between the two years? We don't know. Perhaps it has something to do with the influx of new cachers, becoming ArkGeo members and then not being very active in the group. Hard to say...

The good news is that our membership increased 42% since last year!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LuckyoneinAR Guest
    Congratulations to our newest board members. I am looking forward to exciting year in geocaching.

Thanks to the current board. You guys are awesome and have set the bar high for the future of ArkGeo!

edieo Guest
    Congratulations to our newest board members You guys rock

flannelman Guest
    I'd like to thank our past, present, and newly elected board members. You guys have helped move this sport along. I'd also like to thank the other candidates for their contribution to our sport and for their willingness to serve.