Thread: rklmbl featured on Cache-A-Maniacs Podcast

rklmbl featured on Cache-A-Maniacs Podcast

I just logged on to the Cache-A-Maniacs podcast web site and noticed that their latest podcast features Arkansas' very own rklmbl. I have not even taken time to listen to it yet! I just had to post it so everyone could go to the site and listen to the interview. I'm sure it is a great one.

http://www.cacheamaniacs.com/

Thanks for the heads up on the "King and Queen" of Arkansas Geocaching being on the show. I loved listening to them both tell stories and feel quite honored to have met them both. There are parts of geocaching that go way beyond the "thrill of the hunt" and "the number of smileys" and these two are great representatives of what geocaching means to me. From the first time I met them at the "First Ever Coffee and Nuts Event" (Which I was glad made the podcast) I knew they were special. They both made me (a newbie) feel welcomed along with my six-year-old daughter (2ter). There was no probationary period and I felt like it didn't matter that we only had a few hundred finds- because we were met with great big smiles and open arms. They mentioned AR-Hick as well and he has helped us as along our journey as well by mentoring us and making us both better "hunters" and "hiders" as well. The "5000 Club" was mentioned and of course the only other member at present of this elite club is Woodwalker9 and what better company could rklmbl keep than having another great representative of our state and our sport than him. He has been another person we look forward to getting to talk to and was lucky enough to see him at an event just yesterday in Smackover. This podcast is a MUST LISTEN to for anyone interested in our "sport" and especially those in our sport who love to call Arkansas home and value the fellowship and friendships much more than just a smiley or a number behind our geocaching name. Thanks again rklmbl for the trail you have blazed for the rest of us and for what you have done for our sport. I truly am honored to have met you both. Justin a.k.a "arkfiremedic" and Rachel a.k.a. "2ter".

I just finished listening to the podcast interview, and it was a great one. Arkansas is SO lucky to have rklmbl!

Thanks to rklmbl and all they do for geocaching in Arkansas and thanks to Cache-A-Maniacs for featuring them.

Just to add a note two other caching teams have also been featured on Cache-A-Maniacs in the past. They were golfnutz and nonnipoppy. Here are links to those podcasts:

nonnipoppy

golfnutz

I got excited when I downloaded the latest cacheamaniacs podcast and saw the name "rklmbl". I've sent their name in a couple of times whenever darrylw4 asked for interviewees (also nominated a couple of others that I'd like to hear too).

The interview was great and Ron & Mary Beth made Arkansas proud! Thanks so much for doing this. I encourage everyone to give it a listen!

Thanks for the information, David! I will have to check it out! -- ORR
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen