Thread: Trying to find coords for an address

egnix Guest

Trying to find coords for an address

Howdy there!

I will be visiting Arkansas again next month and I'm trying to find the coordinates of the lodge where I will be staying. I have an address and directions, but I can't find the street names on any maps. (note: I'm not 100% sure the address I have is for the lodge or just a mailing address for the owner)
    The address is:
    6646 Angora Mtn. Road
    Leslie, AR, 72645

Directions:
    First, you must come to Oxley, Arkansas
    then turn off Highway 66 on to Oxley Road,
    drive for 5.1 miles on Oxley Road,
    then a right turn on to Angora Mountain Road,
    drive for 1.2 miles and turn right
    then .4 mile to the Lodge.

If coords for the lodge can't be determined, info on the streets would be helpful (road numbers or maybe coords of intersections).

Also, if you can figure out the location and have recommendations on some good cache spots, let me know! (I'll be coming from Colorado...probably arriving via route 65 from the north and may leave via I-40 to the west).

Thanks!

I could not locate any of the roads listed on any maps but going by the directions it looks like the road numbers are as follows in red:

then turn off Highway 66 on to Oxley Road (Rd #69)
    drive for 5.1 miles on Oxley Road,
    then a right turn on to Angora Mountain Road,(Rd #1)
    drive for 1.2 miles and turn right (Rd #154???)
    then .4 mile to the Lodge.
    This is about the best I can figure since the road names don't appear on the maps. This is the one thing I don't like about Google Maps is that in areas such as this the road numbers are not even listed but if you look at Mapquest or Street and Trips you will see the road numbers.

Maybe someone more familiar with that area can be of more help.

Good Luck

Ashallond Guest
    Couldn't find the exact coordinates, but here's a search page for the surrounding area.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest. ... -92.561333

As for when you leave, I-40 is a veritable cache gold mine....plenty from Conway (where 65 meats I-40) to Fort Smith/Van Buren (Border towns with OK)

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Angora Mountain Summit

According to the ExpertGPS data for Arkansas, the coordinates for Angora Mountain Summit or N35.76677, W092.38016 degrees. I located this on a map and it looks like it may be pretty close according to your turn instructions. If the lodge is supposed to be on the summit, you are there.

If you need a map emailed to you please post again or send me a private message with your email address.

egnix Guest
    Thanks for the replies. I think I have a general idea of where I'm going.