Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Parks Passport

gingerose Guest
    Got 00shark's and mine today!!!!

We will have see how many we can get since, I just finished getting all the state parks.

There are six National Parks and six State Parks in the Passport. National Parks include: Arkansas Post, Buffalo River, Central High School, Fort Smith, Hot Springs, and Pea Ridge. State Parks include: Crater of Diamonds, Crowley's Ridge, Devil's Den, Historic Washington, Lake Chico, and Petit Jean.
    One cache at a time!

Got mine too! Making plans to hit a few in a couple of weeks.

ninjagirlar Guest
    Got ours as well, makes ya wonder if they took orders first and then hit the printing press with it

Edieo and I got our passports stamped at Petit Jean State Park this afternoon.
    One cache at a time!

edieo Guest
    Just got back from Texas and went by two state park but forgot to bring my passport darn it!!!!!!!!!!!

pshelto Guest
    Neat idea. I am always looking for more park freebies, so I ordered one today. Just got back from Petite Jean (13.25 mi hike) and wish we would have had it then. I'll be hitting most of these places soon...soon as I get this passport.

Just curious about everyone's progress on the Passport. 2ter and I had to bring "mom" to Branson for the weekend and just happened to choose a route that happened upon 10 of the 12 needed stops We only lack Lake Chicot and Little Rock Central High for the last 2. In an ironic twist of fate we actually met Edieo at the Hot Springs National Park yesterday while she was getting her Passport stamped with her "grandkids" in tow and I believe she said that was her fifth stop. We've had fun so far. Our mileage for the four day weekend totaled 1319.6 miles with only a little of that a detour from Buffalo River to Branson and Branson back to Pea Ridge National Park. The most difficult thing we have noticed is the ability to catch enough parks in one day during open visitor center hours. Had our first day trip planned to hit Arkansas Post, Crowley's Ridge, and Buffalo River, but Buffalo River National Park closes at 04:30 p.m. For future Passport stamp hunters the address is wrong for National Park it is actually at the Visitor's Center on Bathhouse Row and not the Administration Office at 101 Reserve Street. The lady at Fort Smith didn't have a clue about the program and kept telling us over and over they were a "National" Park and not a state park. Finally I spotted the stamp on the desk and talked her into letting 2ter and I see it and we just stamped our own books much to her amazement. As of yesterday at 03:00 p.m. Old Washington didn't have their "Official" stamp so I hope that doesn't affect our hunt since they just gave us a generic stamp anyone could get from the gift shop. All in all we have had a good time though. 2ter got 10 new hiking stick medallions for her hiking stick and mom got to spend a day and a half in Branson (scared about the credit card bill coming though after her shopping spree ) and I had a blast although I now look like a lobster after the fun day 2ter and I had at White Water Park while mom went shopping. 2ter and I were also able to get some new icons as we grabbed the Webcam cache just down from Crowley's Ridge in Jonesboro and a Letter Box Hybrid just down from Pea Ridge in Bentonville. We also were able to grab 2 of the last 3 virtuals I hadn't found in Arkansas and 2ter now has 2 more icons (to catch me now) thanks to Gingerose's Earthcache in Hot Springs and we grabbed a benchmark for her as well. I'm really not sure anyone would ever need to leave our state as we have so much to offer.

edieo Guest
    I have to agree with arkfiremedic my grand kids had a blast helping granny get the pass port signed.Arkansas is a great state with so much to offer ..We spent Sunday at Magic Springs then visited Lake Cathrine and Degray Lake before heading home.. This makes my fifth stamp.

edieo Guest
    I have to agree with arkfiremedic my grand kids had a blast helping granny get the pass port signed.Arkansas is a great state with so much to offer ..We spent Sunday at Magic Springs then visited Lake Cathrine and Degray Lake before heading home.. This makes my fifth stamp.