Thread: I'm New

bigbill_58 Guest

I'm New

Even though I happen to live in Louisiana I hope it's ok to be a member here. I'm new to the sport and am trying to learn asmuch as I can

We're glad to have you here! What part of the state are you from? Have you got to do any caching in Arkansas yet?

Greetings Big Bill. I live only 4 miles away from Louisiana on the state line between El Dorado and Farmerville. I've got lots of caches "on the line" so feel free to help yourself. Welcome to the forums.

Big Bill - welcome to geocaching. You will find that some of the best folks in the world geocache, and most are ready and willing to help a new cachers anyway they can. If we can be of any assistance, just give us a ring or e-mail.
    likestocanoe gang
    Jim, Sandy, and Tanner (The Cocker Spaniel)
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Welcome to our little home away from caching. Hope to see you around sometime.

bigbill_58 Guest

Thanks

I live in West Monroe and I haven't even started yet. My experience has been about a week or so reading thes forums and web sites
    So I guess that I am a real "Newbie" at this game.
    However, I do have my handheld GPS on order. I decided on the Garmin Legend H. It looks like most people prefer the Magellan products, but my navigational gps is a Garmin Street Pilot and I have been happy with it.
    Maybe later this week I can try my hand at tracking these things.
    Thanks for the welcomes.

edieo Guest
    I'd like to welcome you to the game also ,I think you will find it to be a lot of enjoyment I know I do