Thread: New in Little Rock

dancetoday Guest

New in Little Rock

Hi, I had read about this some months ago and it sounded like fun. I got really busy and didn't get started doing it until today. So far I'm just trying it with my iPhone app. We'll see. I may have to break down and get an actual GPS to go along with it.

Greetings from L.A. (Lower Arkansas). Welcome to our "sport". If you decide to purchase a GPSr please get one that is "Geocaching friendly" as I made the mistake of getting one that wasn't when I was new to the sport. I used it for about 6 months and got tired of hand entering all the coordinates. Now I have 2 and use it as a backup unit. If I can help you with anything please don't hesitate to ask.

dancetoday Guest
    Thanks. I appreciate the offer. I was going to look at the ones on the geocaching web site. I think they have some used ones or something. I don't know if it would be worth it to buy one of those or not. I saw a link somewhere and then couldn't find it later. I will wait to see if my son is going to really want to do this or not before investing more money. But, on the other hand, it's hard to know if we'd like it when we don't have all of the equipment.

I found my bro-in-law a nice etrex legend on ebay for about what a new entry-level model cost. If you see one and you aren't sure if its a good unit or not ask here, I'll bet someone on here is familiar with the model in question.

Our first GPSr was a Garmin E-trex and we would recommend it. We bought two for our son and son-in-law for them to start with.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

edieo Guest
    Welcome to the game ,don't forget we have a event coming up June 6 ,hope you see you there..