Thread: Looking for Grandparents

ExtremeTrek Guest

Looking for Grandparents

Living in Arkansas magazine is looking for some local grandparents that geocache with their grandkids for a story on geocaching in retirement in Arkansas. I need to know right away!

Joe Jacobs - Arkansas State Parks
    501-682-6923

We do geocache with our grandkids - at least the two that are old enough, but we are not retired.
    likestocanoe gang
    Jim and Sandy
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Dentful1 Guest
    Semi-retired would fit your lifestyle title well.

Winter - yea, maybe. But, summer is here and the hours are L O N G.......... L2C1 just walked in the door after leaving at 8 am this morning.
    Rod Schmidt

Quiltingranny and I are retired but the two grandchildren that live near us are not interested in geocaching, however our great grandchildren that live near Eureka Springs love it. We live too far away to take them very often but we recently took them to Withrow Springs State Park and introduced them to geocaching there. They are wanting us to come back for a visit and take them geocaching again. We have promised them that we will geocache with them on Saturday the 13th of June and they are very excited, especially the 9 year old great grand daughter Brooke. My daughter says we have created a geocaching monster with her because she talks about how much fun it is all the time.
    Here is a picture of Chris, Justin, and Brooke at the ParkCache at Withrow Springs State Park.

[/img]

Way to go Searcy Kid and Quiltin Granny! ! ! When shopping in Ft. Smith, our granddaughter tells her Mom every time they pull into a parking lot where she has found a cache with us. Mischelle (daughter) doubted Abi at first, but after asking us four or five times if there is really a cache at a certain location.... she just gave us and lets Abi tell her the story of finding a cache with Grandma and Grandpa. Isn't it FUN?
    Rod Schmidt

edieo Guest
    I geocache with my grand children some times We have a cache in our yard for the three grand children that live with me( The Kiddo's Cache) and my other grand son Jacob helped me put out a cache at Rover City Park its called Jacob's Cache of course,but I'm not retired either.