Thread: Fall Colors Reports

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Fall Colors Reports

It's been awfully dry around here and it looks like there is not going to be much fall color around the Morrilton area of the River Valley. There is a little yellow beginning to show up in the sweet gums, but all the hardwoods are starting to turn brown.

I was wondering if all of Arkansas was like this and how I could know when and where to go to see fall colors and it occured to me that this board could be a good resource. If people from around the state would post the color prospects for their area every week or so it would be a tremendous aid to choosing when and where to go.

I need a good dose of fall colors to propel me into winter geocaching in these wonderful mountains of Ark, Mo and OK. Please help me out. Get those cards and letters... er ah... fall color reports coming in.

We are starting to get some yellows comming out right now in NWA.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

grandkid44 Guest

fall colors

Fall colors in Arkansas are spectacular, especially in areas of virginal hardwoods, i.e. north central and NW arkansas, down to the Ouachita forest. Colors were just beginning in Eureka Springs Friday, with maples leading the way.. by the 28th these areas should be in their glory. In actuallity , the rain ,heat, etc , play a minor factor . We are going to take the Arkansas-Missouri railway the 29th from Springdale to Ft.Smith and return . The 27th-28th we will drive up hi way 7 and to Yellville , Then Eureka Springs to Springdale . We will hit the Ouachita the 4th of Nov..A trip along the Buffalo next week would be memorable..hemmed in hollow is outa sight . Lost Valley , by Ponca is a solid 10 early Nov/. It is spectacular in Feb. following a hard freeze , with icesycles 200-300 ft long. Generally , rain is not a fadtor, with improved color saturation for your camera and lower contrast . If you can , shoot f16 or f32 , slow shutter speed, for intense colors. You are in a great State .

The colors Up here in the NWA are beatiful with the Greens, Yellows,Browns, and Reds. It is so great living in NWArkansas. Pictures to come.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!