Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Wide Flash Mob

Okay, ya'll - come one come all to World Wide Flash Mob!

This event will be sponsored by ArkGeo, to be held in Jacksonville in May. We will be Caching for Those Who Care -
    we will be milling about to come together for our 15 minutes of Mob at the parking lot of the Jacksonville Community Center beside City Hall. We are asking for you to bring a stuffed animal - teddy bear, bunny, etc. to donate to the Fire Department and their chaplain to be used with children in trauma. (I'm guessing bunnies and such will be going on sale soon!)

Keep your eyeballs peeled for more details . . .

. . . and now, back to our regularly scheduled caching.

topkitty98
    aka Beth
    topkitty98@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98
    Okay, ya'll - come one come all to World Wide Flash Mob!

This event will be sponsored by ArkGeo, to be held in Jacksonville in May. We will be Caching for Those Who Care -
    we will be milling about to come together for our 15 minutes of Mob at the parking lot of the Jacksonville Community Center beside City Hall. We are asking for you to bring a stuffed animal - teddy bear, bunny, etc. to donate to the Fire Department and their chaplain to be used with children in trauma. (I'm guessing bunnies and such will be going on sale soon!)

Keep your eyeballs peeled for more details . . .

. . . and now, back to our regularly scheduled caching.

topkitty98
    aka Beth
    topkitty98@msn.com
    What a great cause! I look forward to the date and hopefully 2ter and I can make this one if I am off work. I can testify from experience sometimes the little things like this make ALL the difference to a child in times of emergency. We keep gallon sized zip-lock bags on our ambulance with medium sized stuffed animals inside that have been donated through the efforts of those as yourself. Really does work better than the days of old when we had to blow up a latex glove and draw on it to make a chicken!! Thanks again and we are anxiously awaiting more information. arkfiremedic and 2ter. (Justin and Rachel).

I got my WWFM V geocoin today. I'll bring it to Clarksville to show it off tomorrow!

NEWS FLASH!!!

Well, I've totally messed up this time. WWFM is supposed to be held on May 2. I got on to submit our WWFM for May 9 today, and then realized the correct date is the 2nd.

Guidelines for submitting events say you must submit two weeks ahead of the scheduled time. So, I've blown it for the 2nd. I am so sorry.

My reason - not excuse - is that my mother in law had a small stroke recently and I guess my brain has been all caught up in ambulance rides and future arrangements and such.

I am sooooo sorry for letting ya'll down. Our firefighters and emt folks were glad to have the opportunity. I will see if I can do an event on my own without the flash theme.

Beth aka topkitty98 who is hanging her head in shame but happy to report that geo-j's Mom is doing well

Considering the attendance at our WWFM at the Military Museum in the spring, I think its safe to say that a "full-fledged" event in Jacksonville would go over very well and probably be well attended if it was on a good weekend.

Other than the Burns Park event there really aren't any events in central Arkansas.

Thanks for the encouragement, Tim. I was afraid I was to be drummed out of the volunteer corps.

Maybe we could do an official ArkGeo breakfast or lunch meet & greet in Jacksonville and have everyone bring stuffed animals like you were planning.