Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Caches in Malvern

pipeinator Guest

Finding Caches in Malvern

New to the caching thing, found all of the Lake DeGray state park caches last summer took a break over the winter and have been searching the Malvern caches over the last week or so. I was wondering do the geocachers in the Hot Springs, Malvern, Arkadelphia area ever have a get together like some of the other groups?

Hello pipeinator and welcome to the Arkansas Geocachers Association. There are quite a few geocachers in that area. There is a HUGE get together planned for this summer at Lake Ouachita State Park. It's the ArkGeo 2009 Annual Meeting. There were roughly around a hundred geocachers from all over there last year and it was a blast! Be sure to check out the ArkGeo Hot Dog Roast and Campout that evening and the clean-up the following day (ArkGeo 2009 CITO - Lake Ouachita State Park ). Look forward to seeing you there.

Hey pipeinator!
    I was wondering do the geocachers in the Hot Springs, Malvern, Arkadelphia area ever have a get together like some of the other groups?
    Gingerose and I were just talking about that very thing just yesterday! Be on the lookout for something like that very soon. Until then, don't hesitate to give any one of us a holler if you need anything. You may contact me through the geocaching website, through my profile. Great to have you here!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

bluesybreeze Guest
    Hello, pipeinator! Welcome to the game...er obsession. Hope to see you on the geo trails.
    We have lots of great events coming up soon. The Clarksville or Cacheville event http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 234c331886 will be on April 18 and is a great place to meet geocachers from all over and to find plenty of good caches.
    Again, welcome to geocaching in Arkansas

Welcome, pipeinator! Glad to have another player in the area. We live west of Hot Springs and look forward to seeing you on the trail soon. If we can help in any way - just call or email.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

flannelman Guest
    Hi and welcome. I hosted an event in Hot Springs a few years ago and it went fairly well. Looks like it is time for another.

gingerose Guest
    Hello, glad that you have found the forums. I live in Hot Springs and I think we aught to get together as well.

flannelman Guest
    Well lets plan an event then. The best days for me are Friday afternoon/evening, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. How bout everyone else?? We could do just an informal event like the meet and eat events at a local restaurant and then later on try to get a big event set up.

Throw out your ideas here.

gingerose Guest
    Sounds great! Saturdays and Sundays are good for me.

There are several resturants that have seperate rooms around here that we could use. I could see about getting one.

flannelman Guest
    If we want to make it an actual loggable event then we will need to post it on the GC.com website at least 2 weeks prior to the event. It doesn't have to be a loggable event though.