Thread: paris1time and ddkds are going to take the Polar Bear Plunge

paris1time and ddkds are going to take the Polar Bear Plunge

On Saturday, February 21st, my wife and I will be taking the "Polar Bear Plunge" at Cove Lake near Paris.

I'm not just crazy, it is for a good cause. The plunge is to raise money for the Arkansas Special Olympics athletes.

The event will take place at the Cove Lake Recreation area on State Highway 309 south of Paris, Arkansas. Registration will begin at noon withe the plunge taking place at 1:00 PM.

Proceeds from the Polar Bear Plunge help support year-round sports training and athletic competitions for children and adults with intellectual disabilities or developmental disabilities who participate in Special Olympics Arkansas.

We invite anyone else who wants to raise money and participate to do so. There is a registration form and waiver to be completed at the event. There is a minimum amount of $50 that you need to raise or donate to take the plunge.

With $50 donated or raised you get to take the plunge and get a t-shirt.

With $250 collected you also get a drawstring backpack.

With $500 collected you get a neoprene 6-pack cooler.

With $1000 collected you get a blanket (you might need it).

Just bring your pledges with you on the day of the plunge.

Anyone who can not participate but would like to give money can do so at : http://www.firstgiving.com/loganso

Thanks in advance to all those who might give or participate!

David Spicer
    paris1time

Thanks for posting this David. I had been thinking of doing this several times over the last few years but just never did. I will see what is on my calendar and for next weekend and try and participate.

OOO David! I admire you! When I lived in Heber Springs (a kazillion years ago) I was the Special Olympics coach. Very worthy cause.

You could get ArkGeo a little advertising if you wore an ArkGeo shirt!

Good luck - I'd probably have a heart attack if I splashed myself into a sub zero possibly spring-fed lake!

David, I was hoping to hear some great stories about your experience Saturday. Care to share????

Stories, photos, and possibly a video of the plunge may be coming soon....

There is a YouTube video and more details about the plunge on my blog

http://www.paris1time.blogspot.com