Thread: Geocache Rating Calculator

Geocache Rating Calculator

I heard about this geocache rating calculator on PodCacher a while back and wanted to share it with our website users. It's nearly identical to the one accessible from Geocaching.com, but the interesting difference of this calculator is that it takes into account the muggle traffic in the immediate area of the cache hide! And, as any avid geocacher knows, muggle traffic can definitely increase the difficulty of a hide! Try it out and let us all know what you think.

Old River Runner
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I love that website! I've use TechBlazer's geocache logs before. I haven't been back in awhile. I tried the rating system for a hide I've placed (awaiting approval) and while I really liked the different combinations, I couldn't get the one I really wanted for terrain. I think it is at least as good as the current one. We'll most likely use both and take the average.

I tried it out on my most recent hide and it came up with exactly what I set them at when I hid the cache. I may start using this one from now on. In the past I have basically just used experience to guide me when selecting the difficulty and terrain. But, for newer cachers this could be a very useful tool.