Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caching The 7 Hollows Trail on Petit Jean

GeoJeepers Guest

Caching The 7 Hollows Trail on Petit Jean

We'll be camping at Petit Jean on Spring Break, so I thought I would hike the 7 Hollows Trail and pick up the caches that have been put out there since my last visit. There was a group that made this run last year, but I missed it, so I thought I'd see if I could get another group going this year. I'm looking at the morning of either March 24th, 25th, or 26th (Tue thru Thur); anybody care to join me? The rest of the GeoJeepers family will still be in the bed, so maybe someone else will come with me? We could make it whatever time works out on whichever day. I'll cook you a hot dog when we get thru!

6th

Heading that way this coming weekend. I'll let you know the status of the caches on the mountain.

I would love to go with you but I have to work on those days. I hope you have a good time.

Since you have had no takers on this little trip. I will go if at all possible.
    The last time I did it was early in the morning, just so I could go to work that afternoon.
    It is a wonderful walk and every time I make it I see something I didn't see before. I hope a few more folks jump in and give this a try.
    Ar-Hick
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I guess I should have posted before now but I'm going to try to make it. I've completed almost all of the work for an EarthCache along Seven Hollows (except for the legwork anyway ) and I would love to finish it. Will there be..um..refreshments served with said hot dog?

flannelman Guest
    I'll let you know something a little closer to that week. Since my kids have been in school they have always had Spring break a week before me but this year it is the same week, WHOO HOO! I plan on doing something with them and this would be great. I found all those caches last year but there are still plenty in the area I haven't found. I know my kids would love that trail too. I'll have to wait to see what work has for me though.

I may be a last minute add on, if that's O.K., but I could possibly be off on some of those days. I don't know just yet, but time off has been pretty plentiful all of a sudden, so it could happen.
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

GeoJeepers Guest
    I'll leave the specific day open until late...I'm there the whole time anyway, so I'm flexible. Well, OEN, if you mean Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew or water, then yes sir, we'll have refreshements aplenty! I hope you can all make it!

Our trip to PJSP this weekend was wonderful. All caches on 7 Hollows trail are in good shape and the trail open despite a few down'd trees from the recent ice storm. We found a number of ticks walking our clothing, though only the dog got bitten, so wear the repellant. Have fun on your hike...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoJeepers
    I'll leave the specific day open until late...I'm there the whole time anyway, so I'm flexible. Well, OEN, if you mean Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew or water, then yes sir, we'll have refreshements aplenty! I hope you can all make it!
    Of course! What did you think I meant?? :P I should know something by the end of this week. Are you going to be in a hurry. I have some "bid-ness" to do on the hike which could slow us down. Minor detours.( get your mind out of the gutter, this is a family forum people!)