Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Geocachers Association 2009 Annual Meeting

Arkansas Geocachers Association 2009 Annual Meeting

The Arkansas Geocachers Association is holding our 2009 annual meeting June 6th at Lake Ouachita State Park

Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with a full day of activities.

The park has given us permission to camp in the area adjacent to the visitors center near where we will have the event tent set up. No reservations are required, but please let us know if you are planning on camping with us.

If you would like a regular campsite reservations must be made in advance by calling the park at 501-767-9366.

All of the RV sites have already been booked. They tend to go quickly at this state park. As of now Brady Mountain has a few sites left.

We are also planning a hot dog roast and camp out Saturday night. If you missed the one last year you missed out on a lot of fun. We will be roasting hot dogs and marshmallows around the campfire and will probably do a little night caching too. Don't miss out on this wonderful time to have fun and get another chance to get to know fellow cachers.

We will also be holding a Cache In Trash Out event Sunday morning from 8am until noon to help repay the State Parks for all of their support of geocaching in Arkansas. We hope you will be able to attend.

If all goes as planned we will have all three events listed on GC.com as separate events so this would give attendees the chance to make 3 events in one weekend.

Check back here for updates as more plans are finalized.

We hope to make this one of the most memorable geocaching weekends ever so come on out and join us. It's going to be a blast.

mountainborn Guest
    Good location at a great time of the year. We will be in Colorado hosting a campground. Maybe we will be able to make the next one.

Man, as with MB, we'll be back in Colorado by the 6th. Wish it was a little earlier in the year.

GeoJeepers Guest
    We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday night. We missed last year's event, and we weren't going to miss it again.

bluesybreeze Guest
    I'll be camping on site with the group. This sounds like a great site. I had a blast last year.

flannelman Guest
    I hope to make it to this one. I will graduate in May so hopefully I'll be back to a normal life by June. I'll at least get some more caches out in the area.

All three events have been approved and should be posted by Saturday. So be sure to check out the event pages and log a "Will Attend" if you are planning on coming. We will have the meeting/event Saturday, the Hot Dog Roast and Camp Out Saturday night, and a CITO event Sunday morning. Everyone come out and join in the fun. It should be a blast.

ArkGeo 2009 Annual Meeting GC1N9D3
    ArkGeo Hot Dog Roast and Campout GC1N9EJ
    ArkGeo 2009 CITO - Lake Ouachita State Park GC1N9DZ

edieo Guest
    I've got my tent packed and will camp with the group,,

I have set up a seperate page to post updates on the activities for the event weekend. Click Here and bookmark this page to check for updates. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

id_rather_be_hiking@hotmail.com

Less than three weeks away now. If you are planning on attending and have not yet posted a "Will Attend" please do so as soon as you can. This will help the Events Committee plan better on how many folks to expect. And if you are still undecided about attending let me tell you it is going to be a fun, fun, fun weekend. I hope to see everyone there. If you have any questions contact me by email, pm, or phone if you like.