Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT!!!! a "2nd Annual Meet and Greet/Bug Swap in Glenw

Dentful1 Guest

NOT!!!! a "2nd Annual Meet and Greet/Bug Swap in Glenw

I know that several thousand of you cachers in Arkansas were looking forward to coming to Glenwood this year for our Meet and Greet/Bug Swap. Unfortunately I will not be able to host this event this year. As many of you know I work for the City of Hot Springs. I am a "Solid Waste Relocation Engineer," (aka trash man, garbage man). This job is extremely strenuous as I manuever a 40,000 pound truck (empty weight) around southern Hot Springs and try to avoid the mass of idiots that travel the roads every day. Excluded in the category as "idiots" are cachers and there family and friends .
    I will have to work weekends for a while. The reason I cannot host the event is quite funny really, in a way. I will explain.

I work with a young man at the age of 24. This man has recently came into some money from the death of his grandmother in California. This man is married with 3 young kids. This man came into, are you sitting down for this, $3,000,000!! That is right, I did not stutter. This man is a Trust Fund Baby and he didn't even know it until about 6 months ago. This man gets a check every 2 weeks that is just a hair bigger than what me and my wife make in a year. This man will recieve these payments for about 3 years until he is paid off. This man decided to do something pretty stupid considering that where he works (with me) drug tests at random and your number could be called up at any time. This man went to one of his friends house and smoked some grass, I guess the fact that if was a "bug leg" does not apply here. The very next day he was told to go to Human Resources and get his testing packet and head on to the doctors office behind Lowes. He knew he was not going to pass and sure enough he did not. This man is now suspended without pay for 30 days and has to enter a drug rehab program where he has to pay for it out of his own pocket. This man works weekends and now I have to work in his absence. Oh well, I need a few hours overtime a week to pay for our vacation in June.

O.K. Let's get this straight. Some steppin' catdaddy got all toked up, got busted, and now, our go find one hundred caches in one day trip, is on hold, and no event in Glenwood this March. That about right?

DRUGS ARE BAD!!!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Dentful1 Guest
    Yup QC your right on the money. I am curious to how long it took you to type that response. The 100 cache trip is on HOLD. We are DEFINITELY still going to do that.

cachemates Guest
    Now let me see if I understand this! He got $3,000,000 and he went to work. He must have more bills to pay than me! This guy is definitely not a Cacher.

OK, I understand about the event now that you are working on weekends.
    Now for some advice, get used to it.
    If he is getting $3,000,000.00 either he is a fool for contiuning to work or being a Solid Waste Relocation Engineer is a really great job. I have not made up my mind about that. I have a job that I really, really like.
    For $3M I think I could find something to do that did not involve work or a job.

Just in case anyone want to see how long I will work when the checks start coming in.
    I will send you my address
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

Dentful1 Guest
    I have seen the checks and deposit slips. I don't understand it either. You got to hand it to the kid though for staying at work even though he got busted with pot. BUT!!!! He ain't started rehab yet. He may just say screw all of it and quit work.
    I know what the guy may be going through. I am more mature and more responsible with money now than when I was 18. I went through $54,000 in less than a year from money recieved from an accident back in 1980 and my folks kept it up in CD's for me.
    All of us at work told him to put up $250,000 for each kid in a CD and bank all the interest earned in another account. ($250,000 is all the FDIC will insure if the bank goes belly up) Build a house the way they want it and buy a few new vehicles and toys and bank the rest and live happily ever after. I am happy for him but I don't feel sorry for him if he loses all of it in a couple of years. Nobody wants to be told how to spend their money.

If I got that kind of money, you guys wouldn't be seeing me for awhile, I would be on a 50 state caching trip for about at least a year!!

Howlingmoon Guest
    You and me both, CFD! I would be going cross country, and going to other countries! lol

Tell me about it! I would hire a profesional typist to write up my logs, and all I would have to do is talk. Since I am a professional talker, I could get a lot of logs submitted! I'll just bet that me and my professional typist, could find and log a thousand caches in a month! The possibilties boggle the mind! All I need is my check. Where does that line form?
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

Heck, I might hire the world's first professional cacher to go for those really tough hides for me. The ones you have to hike up a mountain 10 miles.